Chapter 63:

Monse's POV:
I throw a blanket and some pillows on the floor in front of the tv. "Why can't we sit on the couch?" I ask Cesar. "We always sit on the couch. I want this to be special." He says and I lean down and him. "I haven't had popcorn in forever." I snatch the bowl from him and lay between his legs with my head on his chest. "I missed this." Cesar tells me while he runs his hand up and down my thigh. "Me too." I start the movie but I don't even watch it.

We just lay here laughing about stupid shit and making plans for the future. "So when you write your book... I'm gonna be in it right?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "Cesar." I roll my eyes 'cause he knows the answer. "Every crazy, stupid, amazing thing I've done in the last year and a half was with you. How am I gonna leave my best friend out of it?" I ask. "Just making sure." He lifts my chin and kisses me. "You gonna make room for me in your beach house?" I ask. "Our beach house. Me, you, and la princesita." I knew the answer but I wanted to hear him say it. "So you don't want more kids anymore?" I laugh. "Why? You wanna try right now?" He raises his eyebrows and I hit his arm. "No, I wouldn't wanna get in the way of our date." I smile. "What date? We're just sitting in the living?" He acts like this wasn't his idea. "Shut up." I roll my eyes. "This should be an everyday thing." I say after a minute of comfortable silence. "Yeah but with my dad, and the kids, and your sister whenever she wants to be here it's just too many damn people." He says. "Trust me I know." It takes me a second but I realize what he said. "When did you start calling Ray your dad?" I sit up and turn around so I'm fully facing him. "Shit. I don't know." Cesar says and I can tell he's in his head. "It's s good thing, right?" I genuinely can't tell how he feels about it. "You gonna be here when he leaves again?" He asks seriously. "Cesar, he's-" I get cut off. "We know he's gonna leave." I can't stop myself from arguing with him. "He got arrested he didn't just run." I say. "Monse." Cesar stares at me. "Fine. Of course I'll be here when you get back." I kiss him. "So maybe it's a good thing." He smiles a little. Before I can say anything, Mona wakes up. "I'll get her." He kisses me before he gets up.

I pick everything up and Cesar comes out with our daughter. He holds her hand but she tries to get away and come to me. "Told you I'd be her favorite again." I say as I pick  her up. "Dada!" Mona squeals. "Traitor." I kiss my baby's cheek. "Don't worry, you're my favorite." Cesar tells me and I just roll my eyes. "We both know Mona and Ky are your favorite." I say. "Different kind of favorite." He shrugs. "Well still, you're easy." I point out. "What?" He laughs and looks shocked. "You fell in love with me the day we met... while you had a girlfriend." I remind him. "I didn't fall in love." Cesar says. "You let me move in with you after like two minutes. You cheated on two girls with me. You literally forgive me the second I kiss you. You-" he cuts my list short. "Maybe you're a little right." Cesar says. "Always." I smile. "Mhmm." He kisses me when he walks in the kitchen. "Speaking of me always being right, I have a weird feeling about my dad. He was too cool with Ray being back. They've hated each other for 38 years and now they're just gonna get over it for some money? My dad doesn't really forgive and forget." I explain. "I've been ripping the Prophets off for a long time, makes sense that he'd be cool with getting what he deserves." Cesar shrugs. "I guess." I know my dad better than anyone and he's definitely hiding something.

Cesar grabs Mona a snack but she just throws it all over. "You're cleaning that up." I tell him. "If your her favorite it should be your job." He laughs. "No, it's the opposite! I'm her favorite so I get the fun stuff." I pinch her cheek. "Fine. Whoever she picks doesn't clean." Cesar says. "You must really wanna clean up." I shake my head. Once Mona's done "eating" we both sit on the floor with her in the middle. We're pretty close together 'cause she doesn't have the best balance. "Hola mi niñita bonita." Cesar tries to get Mona to walk to him. "Wow someone's desperate." I laugh. Mona actually starts to go to him. "Hey, is somebody parked outside?" I ask. "What?" He looks at the window and his expression changes. Before he can say anything, whoever's outside starts shooting. I grab my daughter and crawl under the table. I wrap myself around her until I hear the car drive away. "We're ok." I bounce Mona while she cries. I turn around and Cesar's laying on the floor. "Cesar?!" I wanna run to him but I have to protect our baby.

**Later**
Monty's POV:
I put Maverick to bed and someone knocks on the door. "I brought beer." Dwayne says. "Ray here yet? I didn't see his car." He asks. "Shut up and inside." I look out to make sure no one heard. "Hola." Ray says from behind me. "Where the hell did you come from?" I laugh. "Window." He looks proud of himself. "Man your son is just like you." I shake my head and take a beer from Dwayne. "So your kids still think y'all hate each other?" He asks us. "Hell yeah, and they can't fine out we don't." Ray tells him.
"Monse would kill me if she found out my best friend was a Santo." I shake my head and drink. "Jamal would love it if I told him we've all been friend since high school." Dwayne says. "Expect for when Monty tried to kill me." Ray laughs.