Chapter 48:

Cesar's POV:
"I know you did not just come into my house with your shit." Lola slaps me and Mona cries. "I've been asking you since you found out you were pregnant but you never wanna talk about it." I remind her while I bounce a little to calm down my baby. "It doesn't matter if you're his bio dad, Ky's always gonna be Spooky's son." She rolls her eyes. "It matters to me!" I yell which makes Mona even more upset. "Why?! You were cool with Spooky being his dad for five years." Lola says. "I gotta know." If I tell her the real reason she's gonna go right to Monse. "You can't just come here trying to fuck up my life for no reason. I still haven't told him, his dad left and now you want me to walk up to my son and say you're his real dad? You're lucky I even let you be around him after all the shit you pulled last year." She's acting like we both don't wanna know. "Do you know?" I sit on her couch and pull her next to me. "If I knew I woulda said something. I don't wanna know and neither does Ky. He has siblings and shit... I'm not taking his whole life away from him." She sounds like she might cry. "He doesn't have to know." I can tell that wasn't the right thing to say. "You think I'm gonna lie to my kid for the rest of his life?!" She stands up. Mona's finally calming down but I can tell that's about to change. "You're already lying to him! You cried to me about how you thought he was mine until-" Lola cuts me off. "Until you told me he couldn't be yours, it didn't make any sense, and I slept with too many guys to just pick you!" She crosses her arms. "I was fourteen!" I defend myself. "So was I!" Lola screams and then takes a deep breath. "We were both kids, but you got a choice and I didn't. It was too late for me to do anything else and you just ignored me. You don't get to be around my son after that." She's right. I know she's right. "If I tell you the real reason will you at least think about doing the test?" I beg. "Ok." She sits back down. "Alasie's back and she's over here threatening to tell Monse about us. If Kyrie isn't mine, she won't have shit to say." I explain. "Alasie as in that bitch that broke me and Spooky up?" She asks. Mona reaches for Lola so I pass her over. "Yeah." I nod. "I hate that bitch but I still gotta put my baby first." She shrugs. "Why do you want Spooky to be his dad? He's gone and no one knows where the fuck he went. I'm not saying I'm a good dad but I'm not leaving any of my kids." I explain. "Don't act like you want him to be your kid. If he is, I'm telling Kyrie, and Monse's gonna find out. You wanna find out he isn't yours so that you don't have to deal with this shit. What if he is yours? Monse's not just gonna be cool with us lying to her." She says.

I'm about to respond but the door swings open and Ky runs in with Jamal. "Hi baby." Lola hands Mona back to me. "Hey... what's Cesar doing here?" Jamal looks confused. "Cesar, Jamal said he's gonna take me to Disney!" Kyrie runs up to me. "Did you say hi to your cousin?" Lola raises her eyebrows. "Hi Mona." He says quickly before he starts a long speech about all the things they're gonna do together. I didn't notice how much Mona looks like him. He puts his hands on the sides of my face and makes me look at him. "You can come too." Kyrie smiles. "Kid we talked about this! Hands to yourself." Lola reminds me. "Sorry mommy." He runs into another room. "We ate candy... and ice cream... and donuts." Jamal admits and she hits the back of his head. "What? I just want him to like me." He smiles. "Don't worry, you're his only choice for a dad now so he pretty much has to like you." I grab my shit and go but when I get to my car Lola stops me.

"Let me know what I have to do." She says. "Yeah?" I furrow my brow and she nods. "I wanna know too. Worst case, you're his dad and we'll figure out what we gotta do. If you're not, we get to piss off that dumb bitch." She smiles but I know she's still not sure about it. "Thank you." I hug her and Lola laughs. "Whatever, this is for my son." She rolls her eyes. "Still, thank you." I raise my eyebrows and she nods. "Go before he knows something's up." She walks away. We're both praying Oscar's his dad but I gotta know. If it is me, it's gonna kill Monse.

Monse's POV:
Cesar doesn't get back until a few hours after me. By the time he's home I'm missing Mona like crazy. "How'd it go with Eby?" He passes me our daughter. "They were $600 short. She said she'd take care of it but I don't know, something's off." I tell him. "Probably still making up for everything Venom took. I don't think Eby would screw you over but I'll talk to her." He kisses my cheek. "She told me something else... kinda warned me, actually." I tell him and Cesar looks confused. "Eby said that Alasie kind of has a thing for guys in relationships and that I should watch out." I explain. "Monse, I don't know what she thinks she knows, but I'm not going anywhere. Tu eres mi vida." He kisses me. "You're stuck with me baby." Cesar smiles. "Sounds good to me." I lean in to kiss him but Mona grabs his face. "Don't worry bebe, you're still my favorite." He takes her from me and I roll my eyes but I can't stop myself from smiling.

Who do y'all think the dad is?