Chapter One

I slum back into my chair with a sigh of relief, as I stare up at the grey ceiling with pursed lips. Today was the last working day before holidays start, one of the most dreadful days for me since it reminds me that I would be alone in my big apartment.

Today, as usual I spend most of time sitting in front of my boss while we discussed business, as much as I wanted to just stare into those light blue eyes and drool, I couldn't. Since I didn't wanted to get fired and I've a passion for what I do, finances of the company.

I think even my boss has a passion for finances, since he is always back of me for company's finances. Why doesn't he just do the work of a CFO rather than hiring me if he loves it so much?

I got up from my chair and started keeping my valuables in my purse when my phone started to ring, I knew who is calling me right now without even checking.

It was obviously my dear ol' mother.

I closed my eyes for a second as I went through mental prepping session then picked up the call, "Hello mother, happy Christmas Eve."

'Hello Aurora,' She snarled my name like venom and I could imagine her expression too, pulled up in a scowl. Between my twin sister and myself, I had the prettier name since when we were born our parents didn't know who to favour. Such a fucking silly reason. 'Happy Christmas Eve to you too.'

I bit my lower lip waiting for my mother continue talking in her oh-so-sweet-voice, 'are you not coming for holidays this year too? You know how much important this Christmas is for you sister. It's her first Christmas after getting married!'

And here comes every sing thing related to my bratty sister.

I sighed, "Sorry mother but I can't." I didn't even need to give her a reason just the words I-can't would take her to cloud nine.

'Oh!' Though she was trying to sound disappointed, I knew better. 'That's too bad, this year we're celebrating in The Ambrose Mansion! Then they are throwing a post Christmas party on 26th. I would text you the venue address. Oh my sweet Aura! You know she transfers money into our account very single month-'

"Yes mother I know. I gotta go now, I've a meeting to attend." I hang up immediately and slam my phone on the table. I strode towards the ceiling to floor glass windows and look down at the busy city covered with snow. I take in deep breaths trying to prevent the tears from falling.

Every month I transfer three fourth of my salary into my parents account, and they live an extravagant life on it since my dad is retired and mom didn't want to work. But they think that their favourite daughter Aura, my twin sister transfers the money. But even if she does that it would be her rich husband's, since mom always encouraged that she should marry a rich guy and live on his money.

Don't think such negative stuff about her Aurora!

Aura has always been pampered whereas I was made to do most of the chores of the house. Even in school, nobody wanted to be my friend otherwise they would've to face the wrath of my bully sister and her bratty gang. And obviously she was the most popular girl while I was a nobody despite my straight A scores.

Since I was kid I always tried to gain my parents attention, by topping in the class or winning some competition but they never looked at me twice, it has always been my sister and always will be.

I turn on my heels and grab my purse and coat then walk out of my office, with my heels clicking against the marble floor. I looked at my boss' empty office, slightly surprised since he has already left the office. Seems like even my workaholic boss has someone to celebrate Christmas with.