Chapter Eight

As soon as I returned back to the mansion, I started looking for Christian. I had dumped my gorgeous gown in my room and immediately rushed around to find Christian.

And not knowing about the routes of this mansion was a disadvantage.

I had looked for him in his room, in the greenhouse, the kitchen and where not but he was not to be found. Finally I stumbled onto, in front of a door from where I heard noises. I immediately pushed open the door to find myself inside a study room. And it was a no surprise that it's Christian's since its theme is black.

Christian was standing by the enormous window, looking out while talking on the phone as I approached him. He turned around as if he sensed me, he smiled and mouthed 'one minute.' I nodded and walked towards his desk.

This desk was very different from his office's and the first difference was that it was messy with papers and files, Christian is a neat freak unlike me. Second he had a lot of pen stands and various other objects kept—contrasting to his personality. Then there was a photo frame, I picked up to find a photo of two laughing adults along with a young boy looking up at the adults with a smile.

No doubt, the family photo of the Prientice.

Mrs. Prientice was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, she had jet black hair along with black orbs eyes which showed affection and happiness. And her lips were pulled in a beautiful smile towards Christian and his father. Whereas Mr. Prientice was smiling towards Mrs. Prientice while holding Christian in his place by his shoulders.

"Aurora?" I heard him ask as I kept the fame and turned towards him. "You had some work?"

"Oh, uh, yes," I said and stretched my hand forward to give him the box. "A small present from me." I smiled.

"Oh, this wasn't needed, Aurora." He said as he took it from me, "can I open it now?"

"Of course," he started ripping off the gift wrapping as I bit my lip thinking if he would like the gift. I got him a dark green coloured tie to match my gown and his tux. Over the drive I kept thinking what was missing in his outfit then it clicked me when I spotted the tie in the store. I immediately started to search one which would match his tux.

After finding the perfect one I—obviously—purchased it then started searching for a perfect gown to match his standards and his tux colour as I told him.

"It's beautiful Aurora," I heard him as I shook my head to clear my head from the train of my thoughts. "It would perfectly match my tux. And now I get it why you were in my wardrobe but thank you."

I smiled sheepishly then grinned. I was happy that he liked it. "I really hope that you wear it tonight."

"I will," He nodded then smiled at me, that genuine smile which manages to make my knees weak every time no matter how common it was becoming these days. But it was a shock to me knowing that I am the reason behind that smile.

 But it was a shock to me knowing that I am the reason behind that smile