Chapter Nine

I'm here staring at another mansion, taking in the difference between Christian's and this one's. But in the end, I would say that Christian's much better.

Christian offered me his arm as I slide mine into his and we step forward entering the mansion. Christian leaned closer to my face and whispered, "stick with me the whole time Okay?" I nodded and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

I could understand why he wanted that, and I had no problem obeying since I'm sure that I would not know all these people—who were roaming around when we entered. A maid stepped forward and helped me remove our coats and guided me through the passage towards the hall where the gathering has been held.

Christian wrapped an arm around my waist and stepped closer to me as the door was opened for us. We entered through as every guest's eyes turned towards us, staring in shock. Maybe because they're surprised that The Christina Prientice bought a date with him.

"I'm loving the shocked faces," I whispered to Christian as he grinned me. I could see the tension yet the happiness in his eyes, as he continued looking at me. We were at almost the same height since I was high heels and I'm a tall person, like half of the female population in USA.

"Christian! My son!" A high pitched voice said as we tore our stares and looked at the voice's direction. A lady in an extravagant red gown came into our view as she took Christian in an forced hug and kissed his cheeks while he looked like he wanted to puke.

I pressed my lips together to contain my laughter as he hugged her back awkwardly, "Hello Aunt Isobel. Happy holidays."

"Happy holidays, happy holidays." She said while they stepped back from each other. She turned towards me and a shock look took place on her face but she immediately masked it. "And who is this young lady with you?"

Christian immediately stepped closer to me and wrapped an arm around my waist as his aunt's eyes went towards it, "aunt Isobel, I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend, Aurora Minnette."

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you." I stretched my hand forward with my hand as I wasn't in a mood to hug her. You see, I don't hug selfish people.

She stared at it for a minute then shook my hand, "Minnette is it?" She devilishly smirked.

My eyebrows furrowed immediately in worry, "yes, do you perhaps-"

"Christian! My brother!" I was cut off with a manly voice as I took my hand back. His aunt took a step back and smiled brightly as she heard the voice. Soon a young handsome man and an old man, both wearing a red tux stepped forward and the young man pulled Christian in a manly hug and Christian hugged him back with a smile.

As they stepped back and Christian resumed his place beside me while the young man said, "you've started smiling, what a surprise! I want to know the remedy behind it."

I chuckled as Christian answered, "oh come on! I haven't changed."

"He definitely has, and I would be proud to say that I'm behind this change." I chirped in with a smirk as I pushed Christian softly with my hip. The young man looked at me with shock but immediately masked it. What's with the mother son duo?

"Well, hello Ms. beautiful lady," he put his hand forward as I slide mine to think that he wants to shake hands, instead his kisses my knuckles taking me by surprise. But I hid it knowing that his aunt was observing me weirdly. "And who might you be to my brother?"

"Marcus, meet my girlfriend Aurora Minnette and Aurora meet my cousin Marcus Ambrose." Christian introduced us as both of us looked at each other with shock as I recognised the name. I think, he recognised it too. We both immediately looked away from each other as I pretended like it never happened and looked Christian while he continued introducing, "and this is my uncle John."