Prologue

The glass collided forcefully with the counter, causing a loud impact, while I let out a groan and directed my gaze towards the bartender, silently signaling him to pour beer into my glass. Once it was filled, I raised it to my mouth and then shifted my attention towards the dance floor.

I surveyed the dance floor, noticing the scarcity of people and how almost everyone was accompanied by a partner or a group. It made sense, considering it was Christmas Eve. Who else would be left alone on such a night, other than me, in my intoxicated state?

I focused my attention on a solitary brunette amidst the crowd, her hands raised in the air, swaying her hips to the rhythm of the music. It became apparent that I wasn't the only one who found themselves alone. Her silhouette suggested familiarity, yet my inebriated state hindered my ability to recall who she might be. Who could she possibly be?

Determined to uncover her identity, I swiftly emptied my glass, placing it firmly on the counter. Using the chair for support, I rose from my seat and embarked on a slightly unsteady journey towards her. Eventually, I positioned myself behind her, cautiously placing my hands on her hips, and began moving in sync with the music, mirroring her movements.

"Oh!" I heard her exclaimed, I definitely know that voice. She turned around wrapping her arms around my neck, "I think I know you." She giggled and trust me it's the sweetest sound I've ever heard. Her blue, green eyes boring into my plain light blue orbs. Her button nose, was red due to cold and her red painted lips pulled in a beautiful smile, worthy of making every Male swoon over her.

"Same here Ms. Beautiful, but somehow I can't put a name to this face. Would you like to help me?" I asked, smooth man, really smooth, I praised myself.

She giggled again, "Aurora Minnette. Now would I get help too Mr. Hottie?" She batted her eyelashes innocently. Oh! She is my employee.

"Not so soon, my love." I winked then turned her and hugged her from behind as the song changed and we started swinging our hips in sync. Never thought I would dance or moreover dance with one of my own employee.

Aurora Minnette, is a very working employee in my company, who has recently been promoted to the CFO position. The one level, just below mine. She wasn't like the most of my single female employees who would flirt or seduce me. Aurora would always maintained the formal decorum and had the bubble of confidence around her which I liked about her.

"I need a drink," she shouted over the music.

"Let's get it then," I pulled away then grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the bar, "shots?" I asked her as she nodded with a smirk. As soon as our shots came we immediately started draining them. I didn't know how much time had passed but I was loving the time I was spending with her.

Though she would be professional in office, she was fun outside work. But I couldn't get one thing, why is she in Midnighters on Christmas Eve? Doesn't she want to spend Christmas with her family?

I remember seeing her resume, containing information about her very well alive family. But I didn't dare to ask, since it's not my place.

Many hours had passed as we got more drunk minute by minute, and danced till we were sweating badly. When I thought it's finally time to get out, I said, "let's get going Aurora. It's getting late."

"Why?" She pouted cutely, "It's never late on a Christmas Eve! And I ain't drunk enough!"

I sighed, "Aurora, let's get going. I'll leave you to your place."

She rolled her eyes and kept her head against the cool slab, "Do you even know where I live?"

"I could easily find out." I pulled her up by her arm as she groaned and leaned against me.