Chapter Fourteen

"Why are we here Christian?" I asked as he continued pulling me towards the small studio building. He didn't answer as I huffed in irritation.

The whole morning and afternoon, we spent playing or giving gifts to the children of Forsaken Fondling Homes. Christian was playing soccer with the 10 year olds or older while I kept running around to play with every kid, some wanted to paint while some wanted to build Lego and stuff. And that was definitely helping my mind from thinking about my possible pregnancy.

But in the end, I understood why Christian has brought me there. I understood, how he wanted kids, how we're fit to be parents. How I am fit to be a mother.

Now, instead of going home Christian was pulling me towards the small studio. As soon we entered, my eyebrows farrowed, Why was this place empty?

He turned around and smiled at me sweetly though I squinted my eyes at in suspension. Soon his smile turned into a smirk, "Come on, you're gonna love this." I rolled my eyes and chose now to reply him, as I don't know what he has in his mind. But there is a high possibility that I'll like it.

My lips parted in surprise as I stared at the icing ring in front of me, it was completely empty with soft dim lights surrounding it, but the main thing was that it was right under the sky and it was filled with Northern Lights; Aurora.

Christian made me sit on a bench and jogged towards the right as eyes trailed after him, I saw him pick a pair of ice skates, then jog back at me. He sat on his knees in front of me and adjusted my tiny feet into the ice skates, then wore his.

As soon as he was done, he looked at me and said, "since skiiing isn't possible at this hour, I thought we could do some skating."

He stood up and forwarded his hand towards me, I looked up at him with shy smile and said, "I don't know how to skate, Christian."

He chuckled, "then what I'm for?" He helped me stand but I toppled on my feet as his muscular arms wrapped around my waist.  "Jeez already?" He chuckled.

I pouted and looked up at him with my cutest puppy eyes, "I love you."

He continued laughing, "I love you too, now come on!" I leaned my weight on him as we continued to walk slowly towards the ice rink. As soon we entered I held onto him tightly as he tried to get us skated. "You need to loosen up a bit or else this won't be possible."

I bit my lip and nodded, I can do this! Nothing is impossible for you Aurora!

Slowly we skated towards the centre or moreover dragged over there by Christian as we looked up at the sky, at the Northern Lights. A big grin took place on my face as I continued looking up, noticing it's pattern and colours. I was so engrossed in it that I didn't even notice that Christian isn't holding me anymore.

As soon as I heard the stroking of Ice Skates, my attention was diverted and I lost my balance. A yelp escaped from my throat as I toppled then fell down on my ass. I remove a dramatic fake sob but I stopped when I noticed Christian skating around the ice rink freely.

So I just sat there, gaping at him while he skated around looking at me with a grin.

After a while he came in front of me and extended his hand to help me stand, but I've some other plan. I smiled—more like sarcastic smile—clasped his hand and pulled him down. He fell on me as my back hit the ice.

It has backfired on me it seems.

I groan while I heard Christian chuckle, "hey! Don't laugh at me!" But that only made him laugh more. He pecked my lips then got off me and sat beside me. I sat up too as he pulled me closer to him.

We both silently sat there looking up at the Aurora, the irony.

Though I was staring at the beautiful sight, my mind was else where. When did Christian learn how to skate? What are his other hidden talents?

"I had a girlfriend in high school—" he started speaking, "—she was most innocent soul in the school and I had feelings for her, so I asked her out. She obviously said yes and we started dating, she had her mind in various different hobbies so I started learning with her, like Photography or Ice Skating. But I didn't know that she was blackmailed to date me. As soon as we got more close—physically too—I started noticing some things about her, like her secret glances towards school's Quaterback, her bruised faces, her hanging out with the bullies of the school." He sighed.

Damn, this is messed up.

"I confronted her about it, so she spilled the beans that the bullies had found some—not so appropriate—pictures of her and the school's quaterback and if she didn't wanted it to be exposed she would have to date me, somehow get some money from me and give it to them for there illegal stuff, since everyone knows that I'm a Prientice. I didn't held any hard feelings towards her and helped her get out of it. After that she and her family flew from the state in order to start things perfectly."

"But... What happened between that girl and the Quaterback?" I asked, after a moment pause. "I mean, didn't they have an happy ending?"

"She had decided that she won't get involved in relationships till she has completed her studies so they never had a happy ending. Though she shifted states, we're still in contact so I know that she isn't with him but someone else." I nodded. As I'm a good considerate girlfriend, I ain't jealous that he is still in contact with his ex.

And that isn't sarcastic okay? I genuinely mean it.

"So that's how, you are good in skating and have interest in photography." He nodded hesitantly while I smiled at him, "don't worry, I ain't worried. In fact, I'm happy that you helped her instead of hating her." He turned towards me in a flash and stared at me, his eyes roaming over mine to see if I genuinely meant that. "What! I genuinely mean that!"

He chuckled but nodded, "fair enough." I scoff at his reply but didn't rebuke back. "Now enjoy the sky, don't let it go in waste. It's no everyday that you don't get to see Aurora."

I gasped dramatically, "You don't get to see me everyday! Am I invisible to you?"

He kissed my cheek and said, "You're unbelievable."

That I am, I thought with a big grin.