3. Adventures Together

Sophia was laying in bed with her roommate and college best friend, Samantha. Sam was a blonde, tall, model looking British girl who was an investment consultant for a big company in London. But most importantly Samantha was Sophia's most loyal friend. They usually tend to avoid Daniel's subject because the British girl knew how in love with the driver her friend once was. Sophia had gotten her heart broken many times by the Australian, even if he didn't know; and Sam was aware of it. 

- "I went to his house. You know?" Soph mentioned with a smile on her face and Samantha knew who she was talking about right away. 

- "How was it? Did you feel something?" the blonde girl asked hoping to hear a no for an answer. 

-"He seems more mature. More down to earth. I guess 3 years can change people" She answer to her question smiling.

 "Samantha he's so perfect looking. His smile is so breath taking and god I would play with his curls for a whole day. I won't deny I am attracted to him but nothing more than that" her smile disappeared after saying this.

-  "Oh so you want to do the dirt with him!" Samantha said jokingly to set a better mood for her friend.

-  "Sureeee my virgin self wants to lose her virginity to Daniel!" They both laugh 

"I'm just really attracted to him" Despite being a rowdy girl sex was a big deal for Sophia. It wasn't about waiting until marriage, she just wanted to do it with someone that made her feel safe and someone she really couldn't help herself with. She dated Jacob for 4 years and she did try to make it happen but the physical attraction just wasn't there. Plus the fact that Jacob would try to push her too much was not helpful for her to feel safe just giving it to him. Sometimes she wondered if she stayed with him for so long just because he was the easiest scape to what she once felt for the Australian. 

After a couple hours of the girls talking Sophia got a notification on her phone that made both girls jump out of bed Danny has added you to the group chat "WEEKEND IN MONACO" Mclaren's PR read on her screen and right away checked the members to find out it was just Max, Daniel, and herself. Three more notification 

Danny: Howdy, Max and I are going to Monaco to spend the weekend with friends. You are coming with us and you can stay either with Max and Kelly or myself. However you feel more comfortable. Bring Sam if you want. 

Max: Just like old times! Can't wait to see you Soph. I'm tired of seeing your face on FaceTime. You'll meet baby P! 

Danny: I would prefer if you stayed with me of course. So I can keep an eye on you when you get wasssteeeed . 

The days passed by rather fast for Sophia. She got to meet the rest of the team including Lando. She had seen Mason a couple times in the factory and had a coffee with him and Zak. Daniel has been really busy at the sim so he hasn't have too much time for PR. However, he was checking on his friend daily and just dropping by her office whenever he had some time. It was 6pm on Thursday and Sophia and Samantha were on their way to the airport to meet Daniel and Max to go to Monaco. The Dutch driver usually spends three days in Milton Keynes and the rest of his week in Monaco with his girlfriend. Daniel on the other side was almost full time in Woking since he didn't want to struggle anymore with his Mclaren. He was excited to be back in Monaco and he was even more excited that Sophia was coming with him. 

When the two girls arrived to the airport they checked in and walked to a private lounge where Daniel was waiting for them. As soon as they got in they could see the Australian standing up to greet them with the biggest smile 

-"Awww my girls are here!" He said with his distinctive accent while hugging both of them at the same time.

-  "So private flight?" Samantha asked raising her eyebrows.

"really fancy Ricciardo" they all laugh. 

-"I am so sorry. I didn't want to be over the top but we were supposed to share it with Max" he almost blushed and Sophia couldn't believe Daniel Ricciardo himself could feel shy. 

They waited around 15 minutes to get on the plane where Daniel ran to sit next to Sophia and Sam sat in front of her. The fly was really calm and Ricciardo was mentioning every 5 minutes how excited he was for the weekend. They arrived to Monaco around 8:30 and by 9 pm they were already getting into Daniel's condo. Both girls had been there plenty of times. They knew which was going to be their room already so they just ran to it as soon as the Australian opened the front door. He just followed them to the room and laughed when the girls jumped in their beds. 

- "Agh, these kids" he said with a grin on his face.

 "well I'm glad you guys didn't forget which one is your room" 

-"I've missed Monaco SO much" Horner said running to him and hugging him.

 "thanks for inviting us" Daniel couldn't do much more than smile. He was paralyzed by how good her hair smelled 

- "Guys I'll cook something for you while you take a shower or do whatever you want. We're spending the day with friends tomorrow in a yacht if you guys are good with that" both girls looked at each other. Daniel was the biggest gentleman whenever he had them coming over. 

-"That sounds great. Dan, we can help you cooking" Samantha said already knowing he wouldn't let them.

-"That's fine I'll just grill really quick" he said leaving the room.

- "Thanks Dan!" Both girls yelled. 

Both girls took a shower and decided to wear their pajamas. Sophia wasn't sure about wearing hers since all she just brought a green silk pajama which despite her loving it the shorts were too short. However, she thought it wouldn't be a big deal considering Dan and her were really closed friends and the Australian barely ever noticed her in that way. Dan was in the balcony about to finish grilling while he was singing and dancing to wagon wheel. Even though Monaco had been his home for so long he never lost the love for grilling. It was always kind of cold by this time of the year, but for some reason Monaco's weather was perfect this weekend. The touch of a small hand on his shoulder made him turn around to end up just centimeters away from the short girl. 

-"Hey" he almost whispered with a sweet smile on his face. Sophia's pajama matched her eyes and he could notice how it made them look greener 

"I'm almost done, do you guys need anything?" without even knowing why he softly caressed one of her cheeks with his hand, which caused a smile on the girl.

-"Take your time, I was just wondering if we could have a glass of that wine of yours" Sophia pouted to make sure her friend was going to say yes. Daniel was barely listening. He was too busy staring at every detail of the girl's pajama. Her bottoms were so short that he almost wished to see her going back in, he decided to block those thoughts. 

-"Soph you" he said looking into her eyes before stopping himself from saying what he was thinking. Her heart skipped a beat by the way he said her name 

"you know where the wines are. Grab anything you want" he finished. And he was glad because for a second he thought he stuttered. As the girl turned around to go Daniel could see the view of her gorgeous long wavy hair and her whole body. He had to say it. He grabbed her hand making her stop and turn. 

"You're gorgeous Sophia" he said and he couldn't tell who had blushed more if him or the incredibly sweet girl he had in front of him 

"I mean, you've always been" he added. Sophia was out of breath after hearing what he had to say. Daniel had reassured her on how beautiful she was many times before but this time just felt different. She got closer to him and left a soft kiss on his cheek. 

- "Thanks Dan. I'll go get that wine" she said before quickly pecking his cheek to go back inside leaving the driver by himself.

Author's note

Short one!  I am back home for the holidays and I completely forgot to keep writing!  I've been spending time with fam and I couldn't write on the weekend!. Btw, I am a Max fan and he did it! So I celebrated a lot. I feel really bad for Lewis though, he also deserved it.