21. AUSTRALIA 2.0

SOPHIE

The race hadn't been too bad. Daniel had finished 6th and it seemed like everything was falling back in place. That night the whole team went celebrate with Daniel's family and Lando. Charles had won the race and he had invite me to the celebration. However, I gently rejected the invitation saying that I had to celebrate with Daniel's family.

- "I heard from Max that you rejected Charles invitation" I heard the Australian accent whispering to me causing the Australian on my other side to turn towards me. "Verstappen, you couldn't keep your mouth shut" I thought to myself

-"Well yes Mikey. You guys are my team and Daniel did great so I thought it would be appropriate to celebrate with you guys" I said earning a smile from Daniel.

-"Charles is a great Guy Soph. Don't be afraid to open up to him" Michael said giving me a brotherly smile. Daniel's face changed instantly.

-"Oh yes don't worry about it. He'll have more wins to celebrate for sure" I told Michael ignoring Daniel's face.

The dinner was great. Being with Grace and Joe was amazing. I had missed them so much and they made sure to make me promise that I was going to visit Perth after Daniel interviews. We were now at a club in Melbourne with the whole Mclaren team. At least the ones that were under the age of 40. I was having couple drinks with Sam and Lando's PR manager, Elizabeth, when I felt uneased. I didn't really know what it was until Elizabeth mentioned it.

-"Daniel has been staring at you the whole night Soph, are you two fine?" Eli's comment made me turn around to Daniel's direction. He was dancing very close to a really blonde, extremely hot, girl. I assumed she was a model. His eyes never left me though. Uncomfortable by the situation I played it cool and just smile at him racing my cup and mouthed the word "cheers". He raised his cup back at me and winked. Oh Daniel.

-"Oh yes, other than the demolishing sexual tension they have everything is fine" Sam said sarcastically drawing me back to the conversation and causing Eli to almost spit her drink out.

-"Ohhhh that explains why he's eye fucking you. I mean you do look very hot" Eli continued.

-"Thanks Eli. I mean, we are just friends. Things happened here and there but we decided to just call it quits" I clarified looking back at Daniel. Our eyes locking on each other once again. I could see the blonde leaving kisses on his neck and I wondered if he would ever change. It wasn't the fact that we had been messing around. It was the fact that he was all over a girl and still would try to make me feel uncomfortable.
-"Guys, I'll be back. I need to make a call" I said and left without waiting for their response. I needed to get out of the club. I needed to distract my mind.

Getting to the club's rooftop, which was more of a lounge, I decided to call Charles hoping he would see his phone in the middle of his celebration. My heart raced a bit when I was looking for his name on my phone. This was the first time I was going to call him. I didn't even know what got into me. I wasn't sure if I genuinely needed to talk to him or I just wanted to get back at Daniel. 

-"Who are you calling?" I heard him whispering in my ear sending shivers all over my body. I turned around to look at him and found him with a tilted head and a smile on his face.

-"umm, Charles, I guess" I said hanging up the call before he could pick it up. 

-"Soph, if you need to get out of here I can drive you to the hotel" He said softly as he moved around me to face me. 

"Or to the Ferrari celebration" He finished making me blush. He knew I was going to see Charles. He knew it wouldn't be long until Charles started making me feel the same way I once felt for him. 

- "I'm not trying to get away from here Daniel" I said as I could feel myself getting annoyed. It seemed like it was time to let the alcohol talk. He waited patiently for me to continue talking. 

"I need to get away from you" I finished rolling my eyes at him. It was breezy in the rooftop. However, as Daniel moved closer slowly I could feel how his breath mixed with the Melbourne air. 

-"why is that doll?" he whispered close to my lips sending shivers down my spine. 

-"I am done with you being hot and cold Daniel. One day you are eating me out, the other you are standing me up in a hotel room. One day I'm like your sister, the next you say you are dying to fuck me. I am done seeing how you want me but you end up fucking every fucking girl out there but me" I said almost yelling and keeping my distance from him.

-"What makes you think I want you?" He said coming closer to me once again. 

-"I don't know, you pretty much hooking up with a model but still just staring at me the whole time, for starters"  I answered very confident in what I was saying. 

-"Because I care for you as my best friend? Is that what you mean?" he said with a big grin on his face. There goes my confidence away... or not. 

-"Well I know who does want me and who will for sure show it if I let him do it" I said with a bigger smile looking back at him. 

"He is waiting for me at the ferrari celebration so I should probably go congratulate the race winner in a proper way" I continued seen how his grin turned into a frown. 

-"I was joking Sophie. You know how I feel about you but Charles is a good guy and he doesn't go fucking around like I do" he said coming closer again and leaning into my ear.

"I'll drop you at Charles' tonight but remember you tomorrow you are sleeping at my place Sophie and I am planning on taking advantage of every single second I got with you" he whispered in my ear. Just imagining what Daniel could do to me would have gotten me aroused any other time, but at this point he was all talk no action. I positioned my hand on the back of his neck softly pulling him as close as we could get.

-"We'll see babe, you've been talking too much lately" I said, turned around and walked away just to realize Daniel was not walking behind me. 

"Are you driving me or what?" I asked with a smile on my face.

IMPORTANT: Sorry guys! This book is honestly not turning how I wanted it to turn tbh. I have been dragging it out a lot and I am kind of debating between continuing it this way and make it as many episodes as they come out or just speeding the story up a bit. I would really appreciate opinions!

PS: Sorry for the spelling or grammar mistakes. I'll edit all these episodes later! Work has been a bit too much.