5. Take Care of You

DANIEL

I walked away from Sophie with a smile on my face. But deep inside I was worried. From the moment she came out to the balcony the night before I had noticed it was being a challenge to control myself around her. I had decided to maintain myself as far from her as possible while I was drinking. I was trying to give all my attention to the Australian model next to me. But holding Sophie under water turned on every single sense on my body. The touch skin to skin with her had made me loose almost all control. I just couldn't give myself in. Sophie wasn't like the other girls I had hook up with. I had so much love for Sophie, I cared for her, and I wouldn't dare to hurt her. I went right back to my place in the circle and sat next to Amara but didn't fail to notice Sophie went back to Andrew. 

- "You guys took a while to come back" Michael pointed with a cheeky smile on his face. I had the feeling it was going to be hard to hide from Michael the fact that I was growing an attraction towards Soph. But I wasn't willing to accept it any time soon. If something I was ready to stop the way I was feeling. 

-" yeah nah, Sophie forgot how to swim while she was in the US" I replied to Michael but didn't even look at him. My stare was fixated in the brunette that was so close to me minutes ago.

-"Bullshit!" She said loud " Daniel was lecturing me about cigarettes. You know Mike, he hates not being in control" she continued making everyone laugh. We kept playing for a while. It was Max's turn to ask me now. I had chosen dare just because Max knew way too much about me already. 

-" Ok Danny, choose the hottest woman in the boat and kiss her" Max said letting out a small laugh. I wasn't sure what his intentions were with that but for some reason I could feel myself blushing.

"If the woman allows of course" he clarified quickly. I looked at Sophie and I could see her staring right back at me. I couldn't avoid smiling when I stared into her green eyes and I could feel shivers running up my body. For couple seconds I wanted to stand right in front of her and taste her lips. I had been wondering what they taste like since I saw her at the MTC. But that was a doubt I was willing to live with. I couldn't carry the guilt of thinking about her that way. My little girl. I broke eye contact with the girl that had been occupying my thoughts for the past week and turn my head right to kiss Amara. I intended it to be a short kiss but she caught me by surprise when she responded with a very aggressive and passionate kiss. After a couple seconds I gently hold her waist and softly pushed her away from me. As soon as I ended the kiss I looked back at Sophie whose eyes wouldn't leave the boat's floor. Way to go Daniel, was all I could think and all I could read in Max's look. 

It took Max just a couple hours of everybody hanging out in a boat to notice my relationship with our closest friend had change. I could see him handing Sophie a Tequila shot while giving me a killing look and I had to force myself to control my anger. She was already drunk enough and he decided to give her more alcohol. However, I brushed it off and play the "I don't give a fuck" act by just trying to focus my attention in Amara. 

The night passed by rather quickly. I had spent the rest of the night playing a pool game with the guys while the girls were all getting to know each other. All of them but Amara who wouldn't leave me alone for one second. I can't deny that I was enjoying the beautiful woman's attention. Nevertheless, I could just wish it was the other girl sitting in the couch with a smile on her face and being checked on every couple of minutes by Scott. Yes, I am referring to Soph.

 It was almost 3:00a.m when I heard someone walking outside. Everybody had been in their rooms for about an hour now so I decided to check on the person who was still awake. I left my room and went upstairs to find Sophie getting ready to sleep in a couch outside. I kneeled in front of her and offered her a smile while caressing one of her cheeks.