19. Too Late

SOPHIE

Daniel never showed up that night. There were pictures of him and Barbara all over the internet. Any other stage of my life I would have found myself sobbing around because my lifetime crush had pretty much played me. Everything was different with Daniel though. He had been honest about his intentions the whole time. He had been clear to not set any expectations and I agreed to it. I wanted him so much that I was willing to take whatever crumbs he would give me. I focused in my job the whole week. I contacted Daniel through Blake whenever I needed him and that was all the interaction we would have. I had confirmed Daniel didn't want me. Or at least not enough to even have a one night stand with me. 

- "It's whatever. He had no one at the moment and then found a model that night" I mentioned sitting in Max's private plane on our way to Melbourne. The Dutch sitting in front of me with Kelly and Samantha sitting next to me. 

-" I don't think that's the case Soph" Max gave me a sweet caring look.

-" I think Max is right. But anyways, is it even worth to over think Daniel's situation when you have Charles Leclerc pretty much blowing your phone up?"  Samantha added.

-"wait! Charles have been texting you!?" Kelly asked with her eyes opened. She looked at me, then Max, then back to me. To which I nodded. 

"Soph! Charles is so cute! And he is a great guy!" she almost yelled. 

-"He's not Daniel though" Max said under his breath.

-" What are you saying?" she asked Max visibly Max.

"Don't mind him Soph. He's just a jealous friend who's worried that you will start rooting for Charles to win the Championship" she said to me which made both Sam and I laugh.

-"No no no. All I'm saying is Sophie is so obsessed with Daniel that she doesn't see Charles. I wish you would give him a chance. He is actually a great boyfriend and we all want you to be happy" Max clarified. 

-"Well, that's hard when she has Daniel asking her to not flirt with other drivers" Samantha added.

-"Asshole" we heard from both Max and Kelly at the same time

-"He did cheat on his girlfriend" I added.

-"At least he had a girlfriend" Kelly defended.

-" Hey babe, Daniel is still our friend..." Max said to Kelly rubbing her arm. 

-"He's being an asshole though" she replied. 

-"Ok guys. I promise if Charles is still interested I will go out with him again" I said calming them down. Well, Max and Sam. Kelly opened her eyes one more time in surprise.

-"AGAIN!? Omg I love this" she yelled excited.

As Max dropped Sam and I in the Mclaren hotel, I could see a lot of people from the team walking around the lobby. It was wednesday night. Everyone should be already in the hotel getting ready for press day tomorrow. Including Daniel. 

-"Sophie! How come you didn't fly with the guys?" Zak said referring to Daniel, Mike, and Blake. He hugged me and gave Sam a smile. 

-"Zak this is my friend Samantha. I hope you don't mind I got an extra pass from my uncle" I smiled innocently to which he laughed.