Chapter one||Mel is drifting away||

I swing through the door letting my luscious curls get in my face. I grabbed an apple and began walking through the door.
''Bye mom!" I yelled
"Bye sweetie, see you at the coffee shop!"
I closed the door and began to walk to the sidewalk. The sun was bright and sunny. The sunshine hit my face with the windy fresh air as I stumble from a rock just when the bus came.
"Damn it,Brianna. Always clumsy." I whispered to myself and gave myself an imaginative face palm .
I entered the bus. The noise of people talking made me blush from embarrassment. I think they saw me Tripp over.
I sat by the window and placed my backpack on the chair that was next to me. I grabbed a book and began to read. As I flipped through the pages the old sent that grabbed my nostrils and made it harder to put down.
That's the thing I love about reading. That awesome smell that you just can't get enough off. That's why my whole room is basically filled with books and halfway through notebooks of me writing stories and half way through notebooks of my sketches.
I love anything that has to do with art. Photography,Music,Painting,writing,Drawing,etc.
I placed my book down when the bus got to my school.
I could hear Melanie calling my name.
"Bri!!" Melanie came over and gave me a big hug.
Melanie is my best friend since the year third. We been through a lot together. I could never imagine a life without her being one of my bridesmaid.
We made a pact that we will be each other's bridesmaid at our wedding.
"I missed you! Bri Bri !"
The weekend was just getting started.
Every Monday Melanie,tells me the same thing. We live 3 blocks away and sometimes we meet up to do homework and talk about school.
"I missed you too!" I said smiling.
She giggled and opened the door of the hall.
"I'll see you after class. I need to talk to Chase" she disappeared on a big crowd of people.
Melanie and Chase are in a relationship of 3 months. It's upsetting that now she spends less time with me. And more time with Chase. We don't meet up a lot because I have to go to work after school. And when I come home I'm too tired and just want to rest.
The communication with me and Melanie were getting less and less talkative. Just because of Chase.