Chapter 2||The meaning of 'x'?"

I swing my pencil, back and forth, repeat. Algebra class is hell on earth. Ms.Julia picks on everyone without that person raising their hands. I sit on the back of the classroom, because Ms Julia barely picks on the back crew.
I don't really pay attention a lot. I just sit on the back and doodle on my notebook.
Ms.Julia cleared her throat and pointed her ruler to the board.
"Brianna, Do you have any idea what the 'x' means in this equation?"

I froze. what the hell, I don't know this. That's the thing that I hate about Ms Julia,she picks on you by surprise.

''Um w-what..?'' I replied, taking a deep breath.

''What does the 'x' mean in this equation?'' she replied,sounding annoyed.

''um..I-I don't know,Miss'' I replied nervously.

The whole classroom was staring at me.

''Can someone help this girl?"'

A dark hair guy with deep brown eyes and messy hair raise his hand up.

''Yes?'' Ms julia,picked on him.

''Its 27,He said while looking at me.''

I frowned.

Ms julia turned back and handed us homework.

This is hell.

It was 8 period and the bell rang.

I grabbed my canvas bookpack and grabbed my books and began heading downstairs for the exit door.

Where the hell is Mel?

Melanie is probably with chase.

I mentally rolled my eyes and exit the school.

I checked the time on my Iphone. ''Oh god!'' I'm late for work.

My mum didnt picked me up today so I had to walk like 12 blocks.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
When I got to the coffee shop as usual my mum was there , I gave my mum a kiss on the cheek.
"Hey,sweetie" she replied,cleaning the table.
"Hi,mom"I replied,while I put my book pack on its place."How was school?" She replied. "Eh..it was alright" I sighed. She nodded.
I went to the employer room and changed into my waiter clothes.
A white skater skirt with a black sleeve less top.
I clipped a white bow on 2 braids going around my short curled hair. I put my white converse and headed to the front.

A guy opened the door of the coffee shop and began walking to a round table in a corner. He had dirty blonde hair and deep ocean blue eyes. He was wearing a band tee and it said 'Green Day'. I like green day, Melanie is obsess with green day.wait. She's obsess with every band. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a flannel tied around his waist.
My mum looked over me. "Maybe you should start by writing an order to that guy right there." She pointed at the guy with the green day tee.
I rolled my eyes and headed to his table.
"Hi, I'm Brianna,How may I help you today,sir? I gave a weak smile.
He made eye contact with me. I felt electricity.
He cleared his throat. "Can I get an expresso,please?"
I nodded. "Wait 3 minute and I'll be right back with your order,sir."
He nodded.
.-.-.-.-.-
I filled the hot steamy coffee and grabbed the milk and the cream. It smelled so good. My favorite type of coffee.
I headed back to his table. "Anything else sir?" I gave another weak smile. "No,thank you" he replied as he took a sip of his expresso.
.-.-.-.-.-..
After 3 hours later, I was going home. Mum grabbed her purse and the key for the car. We spend the whole car ride singing chandelier by Sia and my mum's fail attempt at hitting the high notes.
When we got home,I came upstairs to do my homework.
"Bri,honey?" Mom shouted from downstairs.
"What!" I yelled back.
There was silence. I hated when my mom calls me and then I yelled back and then there is a silence. I had to get up and go to where she is.
"Oh,there you are!" She gave me a weak smile.
"Why you called me?" Grabbing a yogurt from the fridge.
"What do you want for dinner." She replied while looking at her pantry.
"Really,I got out of my bed just for that?"
"How bout Pasta?" She smirked.
"Pasta it is" I said as I climbed to the stairs.
.-.-.-.-
Dad came home,we ate peacefully and I had no energy left so I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep. After an expresso. Of course.