19 - Choas

“Dije! Dije!! Iya tabawa shouted.....

“Ya rabbi Iya can't you just call me ones and listen to my response, i am trying to put  Abba sleep, She explained (Abba is her son that was named after her father, she gave him the second name) “What is it? She asked knowing very well what the call is for....

“Who is Abba? Stop this disgusting behavior  before you get on my nerves! If you will this boy with his real name (Abdullahi) call him otherwise keep shut untill that useless husband of yours come and pick you.” She said sarcastically not caring about the remorseful expression held on Dije's face.

“Iya, if you set him free from your lavish demands he will definitely come and pick us.” She stated trying to control her tears of anguish, she is fed up of Iya's attitude towards Zakari (Her husband) how will a mother be this heartless!

“Demand? So what did i demand from him? Stupidity of the highest order! She huffed rolling her eyes with a flare nose. “I salute you husband chaser! Who tell you that men are meant to be pity of ? I am trying to protect your dignity before the eyes of the society and his family but you busy piting him pointlessly! She shouted. “How much did he even spent throughout this period? Remember you came her before you put to bed and now look at your son almost 2 months, for goodness sake!

“Iya when i came here he gave 50 thousand Naira and after naming ceremony he added another 50 thousand Naira, let alone the Ram he bought for the naming ceremony.” She said letting her tears down!

“Will you keep quiet! Idiot fool! This girl i don't know what to do with you! is that thing a ram? That thin something that was weightless as a cotton, that sick something that one can easily break it bone like a biscuit, didn't you see how it was shaking as if we connected a shocking wire to it, Wallahi i believe that so call ram would have die if they added some seconds before slaughtering it and you are here proudly claiming it like he stole your brain after the marriage, for your information, if you for settle less for a man i promise you will see nothing but disappointment that will send you to an early grave because at the end of the day he will take a second wife which be the priority, if you will on your brain your and think clearly and reasonable do it as soon as possible if not i will beat the hell out of you and you are not going back to his house untill he bring the money i requested! Adamantly she spoke indicating finality in every tone of her word.

“Iya i realized that since after the naming ceremony, you started development hate for Zakari, which I don't know know why, is it because he named his son after my father, he did because he wanted to make us happy, he have a father too moreover his father was dead before our wedding, but he chooses to make it special for us but it turned out to be his fault, Iya i want to ask you something, who is Baba to you? A husband or an enemy? Because I can't figure it out.” feeling so pitiful of herself and her husband she spoke in tears.

“Ah lallai, Dije! Are you asking me this? Alright your father is an enemy to me and that was why i married him and still leave with him even when he have nothing! You get it! Had it been he asked for my advice i will request my brothers name Yaya Adamu and that will be the reason to have more than a strong connection with his family but he just  go ahead and named it after your penny less so call father and you expect me to be happy, happiness my foot! Only God knows how many boxes of clothes and amazing things his wife would have brought to us, this man is a friend to Alhaji Zubair, Inna Ladi's brother in-law, he also have his own money, everybody wants to relate with him in my family, we got a chance and he completely ruined it and you are expecting me to have mercy on him, he must bring the 50 thousand Naira i borrowed for the food we cooked for the naming ceremony and the chicken you have been eating unapologetically.”

“Iya Zakari is just a tricycle rider, that is it, he have his family to take care of and he is building another one here, Iya be considerate please, where will he be getting this money from? She tried explaining.