14-Life goes on

4 DAYS LATER

"Umma avoiding us for all these days will not change a single piece from what i heard from you that day and telling us will not do any harm instead it will give you the chance to taste the feeling of being alive, be brave please and let it out of you, for your own good Umma, please." She pleaded.

"Nadiya get out of my room, i want to be alone here, i guess all you want is to be arguing with Marka in the courtyard of every precious day, with Hajjo cursing and throwing words and names to you and us, go on, am not interrupting anymore, go ahead, i need air, leave my peaceful atmosphere before you corrupt it."

She gasped and her eyes widened in extreme shock.

"Innalillahi, Umma please don't say that, look at me again please, am not going to respond again, please forgive me, am so sorry, i promise i won't do that again." She cried in shock.

"You don't mean it Nadiya, she won't stop and you won't hesitate to retaliate, your hiding fence will always be 'She was the one that started or She provoked me' which is same as nothing! So just leave."

"Umma i mean it wallahi, believe me, i won't swear on lies, i won't do that again in sha Allah, you can call it history, i promise."

"Alright i agree, but that doesn't means i trust you on that, i will have to observe you first and it's start from now."

"Am in Umma, i trust myself and my promises, i won't dare to break them In shaa Allah." She assured.

"Alright, that is good, you can bring my break fast here."

"Okay, just a minute Umma."

She was smiling happily as she rushed out of the room because for almost 4 days Umma didn't eat anything they cook, she cooked hers when necessary if no one is in the kitchen.

***
"Daaso! Which food are you eating? She asked furiously.

"The food kept for unknown in the kitchen." she responded as she unapologetically munched on her white rice and stew.

"Daaso, was that necessary? It's Umma's food, why didn't you ask?"

"Cos i did not see her name paste on it! Is there anything you can do about it?! She asked ogling at her ruthlessly.

"Allah yayi dare gari ya waye! What's going one here?" came Hajjo's voice from the other side.

"Hajjoooo! Save me please, she smacked me because I ate the leftover food i found in the kitchen, was i wrong? She faked a cry.

"Laaaa! Wallahi Hajjo i didn't do any of that, beside the food wasn't leftover and i was asking her of why she ate it without asking for the owner since we are not sharing foodstuffs."

"She ate it because it's her mother's husband's provision not yours and by any chance you don't posses the right of stopping her from doing that! Vile woman, she ate it and will continue to eat, poor souls are those that are stingy on food, and you are found to be one!

Hurtful response, answers and harsh words were thrusting her tongue out, but thankfully she remembered that she had promised Umma not to do that anymore and she trust herself on that.

She took a breath and smile. "Am so sorry Hajjo, i didn't intend to hurt any of you and you are right i don't have the right to stophyer from eating in this house, back to you Daaso, you can come over and finish your food, am sorry for distracting."

It didn't sound better for her ears but atleast if it will sound better in Umma's then mission accomplished. She thought as she work back to Umma's room leaving Hajjo standing weightlessly, mouth hung wide, because she never thought Nadiya will not retort.