9-Majalisa (The sitting)

ALHAJI ZUBAIRU'S HOUSE
4:00 PM

"Alhaji where are you going? Asked Hajiya Jamila authoritatively.

"To where you sent me." He answered poignantly spraying his Ameer Al Oud perfume.

"What type of question is this." she bellowed. "Where did i sent you? She bubbled.

"First of, were your words suitable for inquiring towards your husband? Secondly what is your business with the place am going? He questioned sarcastically.

"Please Alhaji, stop bombarding me questions, i just asked you a simple question and an i need a simple answer." Intoned annoyingly.

"Alright Hajiya, I am going to our Majalisa (Specific chatting area) He declared knowing very well she will complait antagonistically.

"Innalillahi wa'inna ilaihi rajiun." She whispered exhaustly. "Alhaji why please." She hopelessly stated widely opening her arms.

"Why won't you listen to me even if it is just for a day, fisabilalillahi, what are you guys achieving by gathering under that bless less tree, arguing, gossiping and eating and looking at people's wives and daughters other than hell of sins, wallahi i will never get tired of telling the truth in view of your doleful attitude will only lead you astray and....."

"It will ruin my reputation! Alhaji Zubairu terminated her and concluded the sentence.
"Jamila, you've been complaining for almost 23 years on thesame issue, please won't you surrender?am tired of your endless preachings, rantings and complain, my friends are good people, please let us be, now bring me my car keys." He ordered wearing a tapped out face.

"No go and carry it yourself! She beemed, "You can't turn a blind eyes to my advice and still continue to be bossing me around, it's on the TV stand in your parlour, Thank God I manage to tell you." carelessly she proclaimed not looking at his way at all.

"So what does it change? Will it stop me from going to my friend's? Your actions have started making doubt wether complains and yelling are running in your blood." He vocalized pissed off but indeed she acted as if he was talking to wall.

"Make sure supervise those cooks and Luqman should bring the food on time cos today is my house day so don't shame me, am going." He warned reposition his Zanna Bukar cap and left not minding the sad expression held on her face.

Alhaji Zubairu Mawseel is a rich business man and a brother to Hameed Mawseel, Faryal's Father, He is a submissive to his dear cunning and selfish wife Hajiya Jamila whom always want everything he have for herself, her wish is his command for that people call him (Mijin hajiya) The powerless husband. He is dictated to her by all means with exception of attending 'Majalisa' It's an age or business group sitting assembly usually in the evening after asr prayer where people discuss and gist about life and more, but their's is one of the baddest among the crestfallen one's like how Hajiya Jamila said earlier nothing good is is happening there at all.

****

It was 5:06 when Alhaji labaran saw Alhaji Zubairu's car approaching the congression point.

It is a wide shed under a big neem tree, the mat was beautiful spreaded and on top there was at least 15 or more plastic chairs and beside there is a cooler filled with cold bottle water and soft drinks and adjacent to them there placed labaran mai suya's and Qasimu mai shayi's spot, so comfortably sit without a bit problem.

"Here he come the 'mijin Hajiya' intoned Alhaji labaran."

Kai Alhaji Labaran I don't really know why you like regarding Alhaji Zubairu as mijin Hajiya." Alhaji Adamu said laughingly.