23 - Terrible Choice

"Is this the right time to come Jasrah?! Slammed Zulai whom had been working like she was dared to die if she rest.

"Yes! this is the time i intend to come, do you have anything to do about it? That was the sentence that came out of Jasrah's mouth with a process of thought.

"Hey rude girl, watch your tongue before you get a gift of it on your palm!

"Alright, lets see who will get a gift of leaving the kitchen or the house entirely before the end of this year.' She smiled a meaningful smile as she begin to arrange the sackful of onion in their place while Zulai was making some fruit salat.

"Don't be silly Jasrah, you know, i know you added salt in Alhaji's food that day and you left hurriedly so that you will not be hold responsible for your actions but too frame me since i am the only one in the kitchen."

"Nice guess loser! so what can you do about that, huh? She giving her rudely fixed look.

"No Jasrah, is not what i can do about it, it is what find yourself in when you get caught and wallahi i promise you will not know how." She calmly replied flashing her some pitiful look.

"Whatsoever Zulai, i warned and i will still continue to warn you to stay away from my affairs if you want peace to reign in your entire life, i don't care how many children you have or how many people you are feeding with your salary, the moment i get full of your meddlesomeness you will see the consequences and don't forget this is my Uncle's house, just once again refresh your damaged memory."

Zulai was so full of Jasrah's attitude and mean words, for her whole life she never come across a beautiful and extreme rude kind of a young girl Jasrah, she just talk without even thinking, she wonder if she even know the meaning of what she says sometimes. Dealing with a girl like Jasrah right now is not some thing that will be hard for her but she have a great plan for that, something that when she put it forward it will just kick Jasrah's ass out of the house.

"Well, i know it's is your Uncles house and that is why your Aunty asked me to asked you what make you delayed, it is not my idea."

"If that is the case then, i delayed because i went to see my boyfriend! She announced shamelessly.

"What?! boyfriend." She exclaimed flashing her a disgusting look.

"Yes, i went to his work place to go and see him, is there a case." She stopped mid way of putting the onion she was holding into the container, looking at Zulai into the eyes.

"But you know Hajiya will not let you go with out a punishment for confidently using your work time to do  this right?!

"Yeah, of course, now that you found a cheap opportunity to get me out of the house, use it! She rolled her eyes.

"It's your uncle's house Jasrah who will dare to send you away, now tell me are you getting married?

"Zulai, open your ears and listen to me, even if i get married i will not leave this house better zero your mind.

"You leaving this house or not after marriage is none of my business. Take, she said handing her over a piece of mango, before she continue. "You why i asked you of that? Jasrah shook giving her a confused because she seems lost.

"It remind of my late husband Malam Mamma, During our days we use to go the place you guys call dandali now to sell food and my mom use to give five kobo as a daily reward for my effort to sell the food, so since i know she gave me that amount on daily bases, i use to keep the amount of food worth five kobo everyday, so when am done i will take it to him in his farm then go home and after a successful farming season he would give 5 naira, which i usually hide because i am afraid of my father. so the day my father find out he asked Malam Mamman to send his parent to as for my hand in marriage and that was how we got married, until dead do us apart." She smiled a pitiful out the beautiful memories revolving in her head.