16 - I will be the one!

"Alhaji, i talked to you about the phone i want and it's almost a week now you haven't say anything about it upto now, when should i expect it from now on? Hajiya Jamila asked sitting on one of the royal chair arranged in their well furnished sitting room.

"Yes Dad, i need a new iPad too, mine got a crack screen yesterday." Raniya, Luqman immediate sister complaint.

"No Dad get mine first, i need a new bicycle." said Nadeem, their last child.

Luqman was sitting on the same couch with his Dad, he looked busy on his laptop but all his attention was on his mom and siblings listing unnecessary needs to their father.

"Huh, May Allah see me through your needs, you all should should make a list of all you want and going to Lagos next week, but mind you, am not buying anything after i come back, that is it."

"And you Luqman, don't you need anything?" asked Alhaji Zubairu.

"No Dad, i don't need anything of sort, all i need from you is to help Bappa Mamman, this Man and his Family are dying of Hunger but all we want here is iPad, iPhone 12, Bicycle and the rest." He took a glance of Raniya and Hajiya Jamila's face which contains of no  regret.

"Bless you Son wallahi i have forgotten and you know your mother isn't a helping hand at all, she didn't remind me."

"Yes Alhaji, say what you want to say both you and your silly son but as far as concern an i will never be in support of helping a lazy man." Hajiya Jamila vocalised rudely.

Luqman looked away trying to pushed his tears back, he is very strong and bold , but when it comes to his mother's pitiless attitude and lavish life he becomes very weak and emotional considering the fact that those compositions spells lack of God fearing obviously, as a woman she suppose to be a good and God fearing wife, having the opportunity to marry a rich man like Alhaji Zubairu she is expected to assist him in accomplishing all his obligatory duty more especially the one's that are concerning his close ones and family members, but no all that matters to her is trends, expensive cars, wears and latest phones, let all the family member's spent days without eating as far as she is going to wear an expensive lace and ankara then it's none of her business, let it be. the worst part is not only her but even Raniya have started learning the toxic attitude you can see it from the way she speaks, but the question he always ask his self is if their mother is lucky to find a man who marry her and stay with her the way she is, how sure are they Raniya will be as lucky and as their Mum, she might find a Man that will marry her because of her beauty and family background but she might not find him willing to stay with her considering her attitude.

"Dad am going to my room, you can call me when you are ready to go call me, i will be here anytime soon."

"Go back and sit down there, you are not leaving, get back to your sit! Exclaimed Hajiya Jamila furiously.

"Hajiya what is this? why are you shouting at him this way?"

"Alhaji can't you see that he is crying? he is crying  because of what i said about that man, i hvae being observing him for minutes now, he wants to go to his room and punish his self for somebody's laziness."

"Luqman i told you that we are going later but if that is the case we going right now, why wasting your tears."

"Okay let's go we are wasting time."

"Hajiya get my cap please, it in my room."

"Raniya go and get it for your Dad, i don't want to go upstairs, it's on the bed, and back to you Alhaji, don't go and spent your all your money on that Man and his family because am employing a new maid this week.