**Chapter 10**

The day went on like normal, and now it's my last class. Math.

As I was walking to class, Cash ran up to me.

"Hey Bray! What class you going to," he asked, gasping for breath. Yeah, football and basketball player, my ass.

"Math."

"Same here," he exclaimed. This was probably the only class we had together besides lunch and gym.

"Awesome! But, hey, there's something I gotta talk to you about later," I said. "It's about Mr. Wood."

"Okay, no problem."

~*~ ~*~

We stopped in front of the door to the classroom. I really didn't want to go in there, but, at the same time, I did. I knew that when I saw him, the memories from last noght would flood my mind again. Not that they haven't all day anyways.

Cash finally ope.ed the door so that we wouldn't be late. As we walked in, I noticed that Mr. Wood was nowhere in the classroom. I was wondering where he was when, suddenly, there was somebody standing directly behind me and whispering into my ear.

"Looking for me, Ms. Carter?" I recognized the voice all too well. I tensed up, realizing how close he was to me. He was standing so close to me that I could feel the coolness of his breath on my ear.

"N-no. I was just l-looking for a place to sit," I lied, trying to sound confident.

"Well, there's a seat right there," he said, pointing to a desk right in front. Great.