**Chapter 9**

Mr. Wood stared me for what felt like ages. I started to feel really uncomfortable and decided to try walking off to homeroom. He blocked me.

"What do you want," I asked him, slightly annoyed. When he didn't answer, I looked up at his face. He was still burning holes into my skin with an unreadable expression on his face. "What?"

"W-why... Y-yo-you d-didn't... W-why didn't you t-tell me you were... underage?'

"I didn't... I don't know," I said. "I guess I was just thinking I wouldn't be seeing you again, so why not? Not to mention I was drunk off my ass, so that didn't help none, either." I didn't realize I was crying until I felt warm fingers wipe away my tears and big, muscular arms envelope me in a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly and just kept crying. I don't know how long we stood there for, but the bell rung, signaling the beginning of homeroom. We both pulled away and started walking.

"So, who's your homeroom teacher," he asked. I looked up at him to see him looking down at me. He was smiling, and I soon found myself returning it.

"Actually, I'm looking at my homeroom teacher right now," I said, smirking. He started looking around him, playing dumb.

"Who?" Yeah, he was definitely playing stupid. Or was he?

"You, you dork," I said. He mocked fake hurt and I just laughed at him.

This is going to be one interesting day.