**Chapter 18**

~*~Brandi's POV~*~

"Do you know who could've attacked him," Mr. Wood asked. He looked truly worried.

My face turned hard and my whole body tensed. "My mother."

Mr. Wood's expression changed from worried to shocked. "W-why do you think it was your mom?"

"She's not my 'mom'. She could never be my 'mom'. She's just some heartless bitch who gave birth to me and lied to me my whole life. That's the only thing she could be to me now," I said with so much disgust that Mr. Wood's face became hard more and more as I spoke.

"She did all of that to you?"

"Yes. My dad was just stupid enough to stay with her all this time. She was at my house when me and Cash got there. We had an argument and then she left when I told her to get out because my dad was the one that gave me the house and that it wasn't hers anymore, so I could tell her to leave if I wanted to." Mr. Wood's expression was still hard as he kept looking up at me. Soon, his face softened little by little, then became curious.

"Do you live on Swamp Creek Road?" Yeah, that wasn't out of nowhere.

"Yeah? Why?"

Before I left my house to come over here earlier, I saw a woman walk out of a house across the street from mine. She had long black hair and looked majorly pissed."

I sat there and listened to how he described the scene. My eyes widened in shock as I realized something.

Mr. Wood lives across the street from me!

"Wait, wait, wait. Are you trying to tell me that you think you live across the street from me?!"

"I-I think so..." He trailed off. Another question popped into my mind.

"What are you doing here anyways?"

He looked back up at me. "I came to see my sister. She had a baby a few days ago and I come see her everyday. She also lives with me, so I'm pretty much her guardian because she's only 16."

I nodded in understanding. There was a throat being cleared beside me and I then remembered that Derek was sitting next to me.

"Umm... I think your dad would like to see you if he's awake."

"Yeah, umm... I guess I'll see you later Mr. Wood."

"Remember, call me Chandler outside of class." He smiled at me and stood up from his kneeling position.

"Right, sorry. See you tomorrow, Chandler." I smiled back to him.

"See you tomorrow, Brandi."

He walked away as I walked to the door of my father's room. Well, here it goes.