**Chapter 28**

CHANDLER'S POV

I was on my computer when my classroom door was pushed open with more force than necessary. I looked up and saw an angry Cash Polsten stalking my way.

"Mr. Polsten, what can I help you with," I asked.

"Oh, don't play stupid with me. I know what you did," he yelled.

"And what would that be?" That's when I noticed Brandi standing in the doorway and I began to realize what he was talking about. "Cash, it's not what you think."

"Then, what the hell was it, Mr. Wood? My best friend - no, scratch that - my baby sister is pregnant because of you."

"Cash, it's not just his fault," Brandi whispered, stepping closer to the both of us.

"What do you mean, Brandi? He took advantage of you!"

"No, he didn't, Cash. I was just as much at fault as he was! I'm the one that decided to get drunk at that club and lie about my age and sleep with him in the first place! Yes, he was also drunk and, yes, he decided to ask me to dance and to sleep with me. But, I feel as if I was more at fault than he was because I didn't tell him that I was still in high school. I didn't tell him that I was only eighteen. In fact, I told him that I was twenty-two! So-"

"Brandi, stop," I said, interrupting her. "If Cash wants to believe that I took advantage of you, then let him. It doesn't look as if anything's going to change his mind." I looked over at Cash. "Cash, if there's anything that you will ever believe, I hope it's this. I love Brandi with everything I have. If you don't like that, then fine. Just know that I'm telling you the truth when I say I love her and our baby. I will do anything to keep them safe and unharmed."

I stared at Cash, waiting on some kind of reaction from him. All I saw was a face full of anger. I opened my mouth to say something until he cut me off. "No, just save it. I don't want to hear anymore of your pathetic excuses."

"Cash, please. Don't do this. I need you, you know that. Please, don't leave," Brandi said, tears filling her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Brandi, but I can't stand here and watch you make a big mistake by being with him." He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug before kissing her forehead. "Goodbye, Brandi."

He let her go and walked out of the door. I looked over at Brandi and saw the tears falling down her face.

"Bray, don't worry about him," I said, softly, wrapping my arms around her. "He'll be back, baby. I just know he'll be back."

"But, he just left me. How could he just leave me like that?" I held her tighter in my arms.

"I don't know, baby. He's just going through a hard time right now finding out about your pregnancy. Just give him some time."

Right now, I can only hope that what I just said was true.