The promise

: 。・゜・ recap・゜・。
"That we are very proud of you son." His mother finished his dad's sentence and put a hand on Tobio's shoulder.

"T-thank you." He said with little tears trying to leave his eyes.
: 。・゜・end of recap・゜・。

They said their goodbyes in-between hugs and tears, now leaving Shoyou and Tobio alone.

Since they had, together with the guests, partied literally all night long the sun was now rising.
The couple had already changed into some comfier outfits and as if reading the other's mind, both of them looked at each other and smiled, holding each other's hands and walking out of the room together.

They walked a few minutes until they got to the nearest beach, and kept walking, now with their toes in the sand while watching the sunrise.

"Hey, Sho."

"Yes?"

"I- I need you to promise me something."

Shoyou looked at him with curious eyes.

"Go on..." the red-head said.

"So... can you- can you promise me that you will never leave me?" Tobio asked his husband with a straight face.

"Of course Bakayama! I already got married to you didn't I?"

"Yeah, yeah, but I mean something else..."

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"I want you to promise me that no matter what happens you will always be with me." The taller one of the boys said with clear worry in his voice.

Then it clicked.

"Oh Tobio, we are still young you don't have to worry about such a thing!"

"But still..."

Shoyou smiled.
"All right! I, Hinat- I mean, I Kageyama Shoyou, promise to never leave you, even after death!"

Then it was Tobio's turn to smile.
"I, Kageyama Tobio, promise to never leave you too, even after death."
Then he stuck his pinky out.

"What is this Tob- there is no way. You want to pinky promise?" Hinata smiled enthusiastically.

"Just like the first time when you made me pinky promise you to basically tell the truth about my feelings... it's how our relationship as a couple started so..." Tobio explained.

Shoyou interlaced his pinky with the one from his partner.

"I pinky promise!"

.
.
.
.

-*:....:*end flashback'*:.. ..:*

(Take a look at the first chapter 'He will never leave us' to remember where the fanfic started :))

"And that kids, is why I know he will never leave us. Of course, a lot happened after that... we went on honeymoon, played lots of volleyball, we had the two of you, ... But in the end, he was the one who said pinky promises can never be broken, and he never broke a single promise." They looked at me searching for more answers.

"What I am trying to say is: when people pass away, we cry because we miss them, right? We, along with lots of other dear people, will miss Shoyou... and will cry many sad tears. But that doesn't mean that he is gone.

His heart and soul will always give me that warm feeling I always got when I was around him... and I am sure that that warm feeling is inside the both of you two too. That's how he will keep living... So instead of just being sad and cursing this unfair world, for taking him away from us, we should be grateful for all the priceless moments and feelings he left behind inside our hearts... Because if there is one thing he taught me, is that Sho, your dad, gave us the best gift a person possibly can give to another:

Love.

He gave me his love as a husband, and to you, his love as a parent. And that love is still inside of us, connecting us, to all the beautiful days we were able to spend with him. My little sunshine..."
I looked up to the now blue sunny sky.
"I am so happy that we could grow old together... we really did go on lots of adventures on each other's sides... and please know, that I will also keep my promise, and never leave you. In the hope of seeing you again on the other side." I talked knowing that he was listening to me somewhere. Then I looked back at our son and daughter. "But first I will stay here, and even if they are not those small children anymore, I will take some care of them for you, okay Shoyou?" I felt a tear roll down my cheek. It was impossible not to miss him... but I would be strong. For him. For us. Because I am not alone.

Thanks to 'The promise'.

˚✧₊⁎ end ⁺˳✧༚

A: Thank you if you read until the end! Sorry if it was a short ending but I hope you liked it anyway :))
And a special thanks to the people who kept supporting me and the story through voting and commenting! Every single time I opened Wattpad and saw a vote, it literally made my day! It always made me really happy! So thank you very much. <<<3 I really hope you enjoyed reading this story just as much as I enjoyed writing it. And not gonna lie, this last chap was short but got me crying. T^T

Some fanart that kinda fits this chap :))
Credits to the artists!!

Some fanart that kinda fits this chap :))Credits to the artists!!

Stay healthy and make sure to check the other KageHina Omegaverse fanfic I started some time ago! Now that I have finished this fanfic I will take some time and then might focus on the other one

Stay healthy and make sure to check the other KageHina Omegaverse fanfic I started some time ago! Now that I have finished this fanfic I will take some time and then might focus on the other one. See ya <<3

[Finished on the 13th November 2021.]