#12 Bruised

(BTW : That's how they were hugging. ^)

Cameron's POV

I woke up when I felt Jesse moving. I heard her wince every single time she moved.

"Jess.. Baby. You okay?" I turned her to face me.

My eyes widen when I saw tears forming on the edge of her eyes.

"Omg.. What happened?" I asked, wiping away the forming tears.

She shook her head. "I-it's nothing.." She trailed.

I sat up, my back on the bed board. I grabbed Jesse bridal style and then placed her on my lap.

She nuzzled her face in my neck.

I looked down at her, my nose touching her soft cheek.

"Now.. Will you tell me why someone beautiful like you is crying?" I said softly. She sniffled.

She left out a shaky breath. "Promise me you won't do anything? Please Cam." She pleaded.

"No promises. Even if it's bad." I whispered in her ear.

"Well yesterday when you went to the store to buy ice cream. Taylor, they arrived home, just after you left. I said 'Hey guys... Arrived pretty late.." and um.." She paused, soft sobs came out of her mouth.

I rubbed her shoulder, reassuring it's okay.

"They um.. were pretty drunk yesterday. And they.. Ahem.." She stopped, tears streaming down her face.

"They what?" I raised my voice a little. Please don't tell me what I think it is.

"They started.... hitting me.. And calling me names.." She started sobbing in my chest.

I felt wet spots on my shirt, but I couldn't careless. I was supposed to protect Jesse.

I promised myself I wouldn't let anybody harm my babygirl. Now she's hurt.

"And um.. It went on for an hour. They pretty much blacked out after that.." She pursed her lips.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's not it.. How did they appear onto the couches and the living room floor, with blankets and pillows?"

"I helped them get comfortab-"

"But why!? They hurted you! They don't deserve your care!!" I felt anger raise up in me.

"THEY WILL PAY!" I got up, storming to the door.

Before I could touch the door knob, I felt someone grab my wrist.

I turned around and looked at Jesse. My eyes widen.

I blinked a couple of times to make sure that it wasn't real.

But it was. There was bruises on her face. My eyes soften. I walked closer to her.

I cupped her cheek. I felt a tear slip out of my eye.

"How could they do this? I knew I shouldn't have left you.." I said.

She shook her head.

She moved her hand up to touch my right hand they was caressing her cheek.

"It's okay.. They were drunk. They didn't know.. I forgive them.." She said calmly.

"NO I CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!" I yelled. She moved her hand up to touch my cheek.

She rubbed my cheek. She leaned closer and then I felt sparks go off.