#25 Fault

(Please go listen to "Aftertaste by Shawn Mendes"! It's my new favorite from him!)

Cameron's POV

Jesse's back. Am I happy? No...? Why? Becau-

"Hey Cam..." Jesse entered our room. I looked down.

"How come you were looking so blunt earlier? Are you not happy to see me?" Jesse asked, concern laced deep in her voice.

I shook my head, "yes....? No....?" I looked up into Jesse's eyes and they were filled with confusion and hurt.

"What do you mean?" She asked as she sits at the edge of the bed.

I shrug. Tears started to pool in my eyes again. I felt warm, soft hands go on my cheek bone.

My fallen tear was wiped away. I looked up at Jesse and she cracked a small smile to me.

I returned was back. It was weak though.

"Why are you crying? I'm here right..? I'm safe." She reassured.

I sighed. What if it's just a really stupid reason to cry for. I mean I shouldn't have been blunt infront of her because of it...

"I-it's my fault you got kidnapped."

Jesse's POV

"I-it's my fault you got kidnapped." Cameron mumbled.

If I was 5 feet away from him, all I could hear was the pin dropping.

"Your fault? How?" I asked, concern deep in my voice.

"I-I was so angry at the picture that I didn't think twice about the effect it would cause..."

"What effect? What picture?..."

"The day before..."he trailed off.

"Before...?" I trailed off with him.

He let out the biggest sigh ever, running his hand through his hair.

"You know the day you and the girls had a girls day?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yea. What about it?"

"M-Madison texted me. She told me that you were cheating on me with Matt." I heard him gulp.

"I-I thought you didn't love me anymore so I.... Treated you different. You know when I heard that you "cheated" on me, I thought you were better than that." He emphasized "cheated".

My heart shattered when he said those last few words.

"Ouch Cameron..." I slowly got up. I walked to the door, opening it and then slightly stepping out.

Not 'til I say my own words.

I scoff. "Cameron, I never cheated on you. Believe all you want. But if you believe in Madison, then I guess the Big O' Bully Cam never changed. If you wanna go get laid with another girl then go right ahead. I'll even get us a divorce application after the marriage."

Then I left out of our room, leaving him jawed dropped.

****

I was walking around the house when I heard quiet strumming coming from the music studio.

Hmm.. Who could it be?

I started walking over to the music studio. I knocked softly on the door.

"Come in!" Shawn's angelic voice ranged behind the wooden door.

I twisted the door open, revealing a frustrated Shawn, holding a guitar and writing something on a notebook.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked, sitting on one of the tall wheel chairs.