6- Gear-up

2:58 am.

2:59 am.

Laff couldn't sleep, so he stared miserablely at the clock on the wall, hearing every tick it made.

Tick Tock...

It was now 3 am, and Laff didn't like it, his eyes drained of colour and all he lomged for was sleep, but he felt the need to be awake. He just didn't want to meet himself, it felt strange.

I need to go asleep.
Staying up isn't good.

But I can't...

Laff felt as if there were 2 sides of him arguing, but couldn't do anything about it.

He sighed. A tired sigh.

Tick Tock...

3:02 am.

Laff was starting to get annoyed, to make a simple decision. But he couldn't stay awake no more so he drifted off to sleep, as if somebody have just turned off a light switch.

He was sent to another relm, not the one with Darkness, but another place, which had a nice looking village and a Teal river flowing right next to it, the sun reflected on the water which flowed graciously and calmly.

This is... diffirent

A small wooden bridge was placed above the river and from the distance he could see a grey building.

What is that building?

Laff walked towards the bridge but to his surprise the river started to Flood. A Flood was rising from the depths of the water despite no rain, and soon, the water was up to his knee, encasing the bridge.

The water was freezing, and was once a calm, pleasant river was now an angry beast, flooding everything in its sight. Laff tried to move, but the icy water made his legs feel numb.

The world around him froze, and all he could do was think.

Why is this happening?
And why me?
Why did this world do this to ME?

Thoughts lingered in his head as he felt oxygen escaping his breath.

"Hello..."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blaza was almost done with his base. It had been a few days since the 'Furry war' has started and all he could do was prepare.

Sure, he was working with Dino and possibly more people but he felt the need to get more gear.

"Almost done with getting more iron!" Blaza announced, his glasses shining brightly.
"That's great Blaza" Dino replied, Concentrating on another weapon.
"So, I was thinking about getting someone else on our side..." Blaza assured.
"Who?" Dino asked, while placing his weapon down and facing Blaza.
"I guess, Socks, he could be good." Blaza Stated.
"Maybe, why don't you try asking him, I'm kinda busy right now" Dino answered, and walked off.

Blaza didn't reply, and walked to Socks house, which was in the village.

As he crossed the smooth newly-built bridge, he came across Socks, who was kneeling down beside the river.

Socks didn't notice Blaza, until a glimpse of Blaza's Umaru-chan hoodie was seen.

"Hey Blaza!" Socks welcomed, allowing Blaza to sit down next to him.
"Hey Socksfor1!" Blaza beamed, whilst sitting down on the perfectly-cut grass next to Socks.
"What's up?" Socks casually asked.
"I have a Military base!" Blaza Grinned.
"I mean, Dino built it and I just got weapons and stuff-" Blaza continued.
"A MILITARY BASE!? With TANKS, AND GUNS AND-" Socks Exclaimed, and quickly stood up.
"Yeah, Wanna see!" Blaza asked.
"SURE!" Socks cheered, as Excitement rushed into his veins.

They both walked back to the Military base.

Socks stood still in awe at the grand military base, it's silver-grey colours shining on the building.

"Do you like it...?" Blaza asked, curious from Socks expression
"This is AMAZING! I feel like I'm in a full on secret base!" Socks Praised.
"So, do you know about the 'Furry war'?"
"What Furry war?"
"Basically it's like a competition-think between Dino and Woolfster where they are seeing who is better, by getting something called the 'Wings of truth'"

Socks was laughing, not the hyena-like laugh but a chuckle, then he turned to Blaza and asked;

"Are you kidding?"

Blaza looked at Socks Dead-serious and assured;

"I'm dead-serious"
"Oh." Socks replied.
"Do you wanna help us against Woolfster?"
"Sure, Does that mean I get to ride tanks, shoot Bazooka's and fly a helicopter?"
"Yeah... But we're not that advanced yet, I'll tell Dino and then you'll officially be on our side!"

This will be so much fun! Blaza thought

*At Woolf's house*

Woolf was talking to Tbh who was now on Woolf's side after a deal had been made.

Tbh had a grin painted on his face, because he had a plan to help Woolf get the 'Wings of truth'

"What?" Woolf questioned.
"Well, I may have an idea or two about how to get those Wings..." Tbh replied, the grin was almost a Cheshire-Cat grin.
"Then tell me..."
"I was thinking why don't we bring Nadwe on our side?"
"Sure Tbh, A 14 YEAR OLD CHILD!?"
"Nadwe has a lot of advantages, first, he can just sneak around and get information, and Muffin can also help!"
"You're actually right!"
"I'll speak to Nadwe"

Without a second to waste, Tbh dashed out of Woolf's house and into Nadwe's, which, Surprisingly, was not far at all.

"NADWE" Tbh yelled, and Nadwe rushed outside.
"What's up Tbh?" Nadwe asked, as one Top-hat was slightly out-of-place than the other.
"I wanted to ask you something, it will be kinda fun!"
"What?"
"Do you want to spy on Dino and Blaza, only if you join our team!"
"Spying? Wait, whose on your team?"
"Only Me and Woolfster, for now..."
"Why do I need to spy?"
"What happened is that Dino and Woolfster have made a competition on who can get a thing called 'The wings of truth' the winner is not a furry and the loser is a Furry"
"That sound fun! I'll join!"
"Thanks Nadwe, I appreciate it!"

Nadwe and Tbh both high-5 and Nadwe goes back inside his house, ready to spy on Blaza and Dino.

______________________________________

Hey guys!
It's Rainbow here and I deeply apologise for not uploading for 2 weeks, as it was quite hard to think about this chapter.
I will try to get the other chapter out when I can.
Is it just me or does anyone else like Tbh's and Nadwe's brother-like relationship? I want to include more of that in the future!
Anyways, that was chapter 6 and I hope you enjoyed it!
Have a great day! :D

(Words: 1081)