Chapter 46

Katie's pov
I was making a healthy vegan breakfast when I head footsteps coming down the stairs,Lake entered the kitchen with Frances following her.I smiled,those two have been best friends longer then Kurt and Krist."hey mom where's dad?"Lake asked as she and Frances sat down at the table,"he's at a vegan charity event with your uncle Joaquin."I explained as I placed breakfast down in front of them."man,I love this stuff!it's so healthy,nutritious,and good for you!"Frances said,"why thank you Bean."I said as I sat down across from them."we have a big day today mom!"Lake said,she took a bite of her food.Frances nodded in agreement,"I'm taking Lake to a concert!"she exclaimed."oh,is that ok?"she asked,I giggled.

"Frances you come over here every single day,at this point everything is ok."i said,she blushed in embarrassment."alright I'm done eating."Lake said,she was right:her plate was practically licked clean."man you eat fast!"Frances exclaimed,I laughed.Frances phone then buzzed,she took it out of her pocket and looked at it."oh!the car is here,we gotta go Lake."she said as she stood up,"don't you need to pack stuff?"i asked."it's fine mrs.Phoenix,uncle Dave's got that covered."she assured me,"Frances I told you a million times,you can call me Katie!"i said.she giggled,"I know,but it's more formal to call you mrs.P."she said.I jokingly rolled my eyes,"bye mom."Lake said as she got up.she went around the table and hugged me,I hugged her back."have fun Lakey,I love you."i said,she smiled.