Chapter 7

Flirting with Dom is a bad idea, a very bad idea. I can't let myself be that girl, I'm not the one-night-stand type anymore. That phase of life passed and I really doubt my brother would be happy about his best friend trying to put the moves on me while his girlfriend - not girlfriend - is just in the other room.

"Hey, are you okay?" my brother asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"The two of you were pretty close in there, what's going on?"

"Nothing, I promise. My hand just hurts a little more than I'm willing to admit and he clocked it. Didn't wanna embarrass me." I lied.

"You shouldn't have hit him, damn it." Vince growled.

"I'll be fine, V. Gotta protect my other half. I got your back, twin."

"I got your back twin. That was one hell of a right hook too." he chuckled.

My brother has the emotional range of a teaspoon, it's exhausting and so comfortable all at once.

"I learned from the best." I smiled.

"That you did, I'm gonna beat your ass tonight." He said.

"Destiny is gonna smoke you." Mia said.

"My girl got chops, she got the skill that's needed to ..."

Letty's scoff made me turn in her direction and Vince grabbed my hand.

"Is there a problem? You over there making noises like you got something to say." I said to her.

"Nah, no problem." she smugly stated.

"Spill it out honey, are you mad cause he's giving your attention to someone else? You can have him, sweetie." I said, smiling as her jaw ticked.

"You come home out of nowhere, just drop out of the fucking sky and everyone is kissing your ass." she growled.

"Hey, calm down." Leon told her, all humor lost.

"No one's heard from you in five years and you just show up like the prodigal fucking daughter." she continued.

"See, that's why basic ass jealous bitches shouldn't talk without prior knowledge." I smiled.

"Humor me."

"I don't have to do a damn thing, but I will just to show you how immature you're acting right now. For your information, I spoke to everyone that was important to me. I called Vince, Mia, Jesse, and Leon at least once a day but we did speak multiple times a week. Get over yourself, Leticia, and be grateful that puberty kicked in the way that it did or else you'd still be following him around like a little lap dog."

"You fucking ..."

"Hey! That's enough, I told you to drop it." Dom suddenly said, standing in front of Letty.

"You gonna let her talk to me like that?" she demanded.

"You started this and I'm not getting involved." he stated

"I'm going home, I'll see y'all tonight at the race." I smiled at them.

"Destiny ..." Mia said.

"Don't worry, all is good. V, get ready to get your ass handed to you."

"You wish, kid." he replied, kissing my forehead before I passed Mia the ice pack.

"See you later."

When I got home, I made my own ice pack and took two aspirin because my hand really is hurting. Since I don't have any pressing matters to handle at the moment and it's still early, I grabbed a book and settled down on a beanbag that I found at the store. When the sun went down and I started to look through my clothes for the night, I decided that tonight is a night to be petty as fuck.