Four

Dylan's POV:

"How's your day going so far?" Chasity took a bite out of her sandwich which made my stomach growl.

"It's fine but you're making me hungry because that sandwich looks so good." I sighed, "I haven't taken lunch yet." I handed Kristen a chart from the patient I just saw.

"Dr. Parker, you have another patient in bay 23" Kristen said, sitting down in her chair and typing the chart information into the computer. I nodded my head and walked towards the bay.

"Hey, I'm Dr. Parker, I'll be taking-" I stopped talking when I saw who was on the bed. "Oh no, what happened?" Ethel was laying there with her head wrapped up in gauze.

"I didn't know you were a doctor." Ethel said, still smiling even though I knew she was in pain.

"Yes ma'am." I smiled back, I looked over at her daughter who hadn't talked yet. She looked at me and then back at her mom. "So, what happened?" I grabbed a pair of gloves and put them on.

"I tripped and bumped my head-."

She was then interrupted by Liv, "She did not bump it. She tripped and hit the corner of the island and it cut her head open. It would not stop bleeding."

I stepped near the bed and began unwrapping the gauze, "Let me take a look." When I got it unwrapped I could see the huge gash in her head. "Yeah you'll need a couple of stitches. You did a good job wrapping it up." I looked over to Liv who was looking at me. Once our eyes met she looked away. "Do you know if she passed out?"

"She did, but was only out for a brief moment. She also threw up on the way over here." She began rubbing her mom's hand like she was trying to soothe her, although her mom didn't seem like she needed any soothing.

"That could be a sign of a concussion so I want to get a CT scan done. I'm gonna have my nurse stitch this up and I'll bump her up the list for the CT scan so you guys aren't waiting forever." I smiled, grabbing her chart at the end of the bed.

"You're the sweetest, isn't she Elenor?" Ethel said, winking at me.

"That's very sweet, thank you." Liv smiled at me.

"Of course. I'll be back with Kristen who's the nurse." I slid the curtain back to give them some privacy and let a breath out I didn't even know i was holding in. I walked over to the nurses station, "Can you add bay 23 to the CT scan list but you need to bump them up as an emergency per my request." Kristen nodded her head. "I also need you to do stitches on the patient if you're up for some practice."

"Is it bad in there?" Chasity asked, chuckling.

I looked over at her and shook my head. "She's in there."

"She, as in Miss Taylor, she?" Chasity asked. I nodded my head. "I'm doing the stitches."

"No." I immediately said, "Absolutely not."

"I overrule you here, so yes I am." Before I even knew it Chasity was off towards their bay.

"Chasity!" I was hissing, following quickly behind her.

She slid the curtain open and caught them by surprise, "Hello, I'm Dr. Sadler. I'm going to stitch you up." Chasity smiled down at Ethel. I looked over to Liv and saw her staring at her, examining her face it seemed like. "Wow, you took a big fall, huh."

"That's what my daughter said. This is Elenor." Ethel said, pointing towards her daughter who sat in the chair beside her bed.

"Nice to meet you." Chasity didn't even look away from what she was doing, she had all her focus on Ethel. "Okay I'm gonna numb you first and it will be quick. Two or three stitches max and then that's it."

My eyes fell over to Liv as she watched carefully at everything Chasity did, like she didn't want her to hurt her mother. She sat there so elegant with her legs crossed and hair falling carelessly down her shoulders.

She really did age beautifully. I knew she would.

"Dr. Parker." I was snapped out of my thoughts by Chasity calling my name. I looked over to her, "I said I'm going to take her down to CT and get her in myself. You still need to take your lunch break. Why don't you take her daughter down there since it'll be a while. Maybe get her a coffee with your badge?"

"Oh I'm fine, I've got some work to go over so I'll be here." Liv shot that down quickly. "Did you hear that, Mom?"

"Can't you take them up on their offer? They're just being nice." I chuckled as I grabbed Ethel's hand to help her into the wheelchair.

"It's fine, Ethel. Chasity will take good care of you and get you in and out." I smiled as she patted my hand kindly.

"I'll be back sweetie." Ethel waved as she was wheeled out the room, leaving us alone. She didn't look up at me. Not even once.

"Um, I'll just be around the ER if you need anything." I smiled at her, as I watched her take her laptop out her bag.

I turned around to leave but heard her speak up, "Dylan." I turned back around, waiting to hear what she was gonna say. "Do you know the WiFi password?"

I smiled kindly and nodded my head.