36| SECRETS

"Ethan, do you think it is right to do? What about protecting Krystallo by lying low?" I was a little petrified at the thought of seeing Krystallo in danger

"Ethan, do you think it is right to do? What about protecting Krystallo by lying low?" I was a little petrified at the thought of seeing Krystallo in danger. "It'll be fine, gem. Worst can also happen if he doesn't become known to the world and at least this way, we will mark our claim on the boy as an Aloysius. One has to think a thousand times before even touching my son."

"It will increase the danger."

"It will protect him from dangers as well."

I sulked a little but still nodded. Fine then, whatever comes our way. I will protect Krystallo with my life and even so, he deserves to be known as his father's son too.

Ethan kept his hand over mine and squeezed a little and smiling I looked out from the window but my mind was still in a daze from our previous conversation or rather a new mission I never thought would land in my hand.

The Stolen Sapphire Stone.

It is a direct request from the queen of England to the Serpents to hand over the stolen stone to the royalty. Royalty claims it belongs to them, while according to Ethan, it belongs to the Indians. I'm too confused actually, on one hand, Ethan demands to have that stone and on the other hand, the England royalty wants to fill up their treasury and in the middle of both the parties, I'm hanging to make the decision.

It was not the worst until I got the last clue of the gem to be traded by some Versiliev people in Arizona's inhabitant land since soon after the gem was stolen, my men were sniffing the black market like a wolf and with no longer time to wait, I got the clue of the stone and prepared to hunt down only to be halted by Ethan and demanding to return the stone to him. I want to protest but the most frustrating thing is, his contract as the alpha member of the team makes him be a part of the hunt even if I don't like it.

"We're home," Ethan announced and my eyes looked ahead of us at the mansion where once people lived but now it was beautiful looking even so from outside yet dramatically saying the long grass in the lawn, the overgrown moss sticking to the walls, and the rusted and dusty metal gates decorated the place shabbily. This unoccupied space for 3 years still stands holding on to so many memories that ache my heart. I came back with them while Ethan came to look ahead as a fresh start.

"The place is beautiful. Isn't it?" I nodded and stepped out of the car. He wished to see the place we once lived in so I brought him here but right now, I couldn't say this place needs to be occupied even if he feels like it should. With a sour taste in the back of my throat, I walked with him as he opened the giant black gates ahead and we both stepped inside. The place still had the fresh scent of belonging in it and my heart swelled.

Both of us walked inside. While Ethan looked around with interest, my eyes roamed around remembering memories. I looked at the garden stopping mid-way and smiled...

"Ethan... leave me..." I laughed hard as he picked me up from behind wrapping his strong arms around my waist and hurled me up in the air rotating in a circle. My open hair spun in waves and both of our giggles echoed.