47| WE MISS YOU

"Krystallo, champ, what are you thinking?" He was coloring some pictures as I watched him do, but then he would zone out in between

"Krystallo, champ, what are you thinking?" He was coloring some pictures as I watched him do, but then he would zone out in between. "Dadda, when Mama will return?" My breath hitched hearing him. I had no definite answer for that. He can never see his mother ever again. It has been already months now, nearly towards the end of the first year since we came to New York.

Sapphire did everything beforehand. All the business was settled in NY, and she created a hidden image of Hayden. And said to be a ruthless billionaire who shows no mercy in business, the business he works as the CEO of influences half the economic flow of the globe. All this while, it was easy to maintain because, before her, I managed it from Rome. The base was shifted, but the work was the same.

People do fear me for who I have been established as. Hayden Reids. And another that she would've never thought of. I started another crime syndicate, Valeno. Based in NY, but people fear it, for it has the strongest power and influence. Wiping off the ones who existed before was a game to me, Hayden Reids became New York's mafia king but to achieve what I had before it would still take a lot more time, at least with the pace I'm going another two or three years would suffice to establish the name of this syndicate in the world.

"Mama don't love me anymore?" Sulking Krystallo asked. He had his eyes cast down on the book in his hand. Sitting over my work table while I reviewed some files, it was basically a day-to-day task that helped me look after Krystallo and at the same time manage my work.

"And why do you think so? Didn't Mama tell you already that she loves you a lot? I told you right that she is sick and cannot come to meet you?" I asked him looking intensely in his brown eyes that felt so nostalgic to look at. Each time vibration of pain would echo in my chest whenever I looked into his innocent eyes and nostalgia would hit me hard in my heart.

"I know that Dadda but it's been too long. I want to meet her," he urged, on the brink of crying as his lips trembled just like once his mother did. I smiled with an ache inside. He doesn't deserve to have lied but I don't have the power to tell him the truth still. It is hard to tell him that his mother would never return.

"Krystallo-"

"No!!! I want Mama, Dadda. I miss her. Please tell her, I will be a good boy, ask her to come back and I will not prank her," he waited and started crying. Innocent eyes shedding off big fat tears. I hated to look at him crying. He was all that I was left from her and making him cry tore me apart. No child deserves what he has to go through. His mother willingly sacrificed everything. She left her family to save thousands of families.

I picked him up in my arms and tucked his head in the crook of my neck. He clutched my shirt tightly in his small fist crying loudly for his mother. Maybe he was finally realising it is time to see off the thoughts and futile hopes he build because of me who hid the truth from him.

"Krystallo, baby..." I cooked kissing his cheeks. He looked at me with red painful eyes. The dagger in my heart twisted and bled me more. "Dadda has something to tell." He sniffled and waited with hopeful eyes.