46| THE LAST GOODBYE

"Mama, don't leave me," I smiled, looking down at Krystallo

"Mama, don't leave me," I smiled, looking down at Krystallo. Everyone was just standing there as I geared up to walk out from the doors and bring the proof of my innocence, Vladimir's head. Everyone was just wandering around, making sure I was told by their gesture how much I wasn't needed here. The only person who made me feel the want to return alive was standing in front of me, my son, Krystallo.

"Baby, Mama loves you. I promise." He shook his head still hugging me tightly. I choked a sob as I kissed his face to my heart's content. "Krystallo, Mama loves you very much. Even if I go, I will still love you. Always remember, Mama loves you the most. And make sure, you listen to your Dadda always." I whispered in his years as his impeachable eyes looked at me with tears in them.

His lips were quivering, his cheeks were still hot even after recovery from fever. I took utmost care of Krystallo in the past week so he can be like he was when I walk away to death. Today, I will not just give up on myself but will make sure that Ethan and everyone are out from this charade. This shall be my last goodbye to my family.

I looked at David and Maria standing at the corner, they didn't spare me a single glance. It ached because they think, I am the reason why everyone is dead, even their child. Shrugging off the agonizing thoughts, I hugged them to my heart's content even if they didn't move their hands to wrap around me or reciprocate. With a smile on my face, I tip-toed and kissed David's cheeks like I used to do as a small girl.

He was stiff when I did that, and just to see me off, patted my head but didn't look at me in the eyes, not at my face. Maria lightly hugged me before I finally moved to Ethan. He was emotionless when he stared into my eyes but even so, I leaned up and placed a loving and chaste kiss on his lips. "I love you, always." Saying that as my parting word, I walked out as Ethan held onto Krystallo so he won't follow.

My chest was ripping when I passed the foyer and still I could hear my sugarplum crying out for me. But I had to do this for my parents and family.

When I was out of the mansion area, hailing a taxi, I slipped inside where Jamaica was seated. "Goddess, are you sure about this?" She asked as she handed the bomb to me, I took it from her still smiling as I want her to remember me with happiness and joy. Not any guilt.

"It is what I wish, now wrap the wires around my stomach," I impelled her to do as I lift my hoodie and with trembling hands, she did that. Sometimes, goodness too had to die with the evil, and even so, I was the evil kind of good so my demise is for a good cause but for the demise of evil as well.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked Yu Han who was seated in front of the driver's seat. He had a stoic look but even his eyes appeared red from ushed tears. I passed him a smile through the rearview mirror and she smiled back too. "Don't you guys worry, just remember that you are completely finishing off the task after me?" They both nodded firmly and the car then was pulled up on the road. In another hour or so, we reached my destination. The Aloysius Mansion was now legally under Vladimir's possession.