Chapter 4

Artemis' P.O.V.

After we were done with out makeup, we headed for Mason's car.

"Took you two long enough." Mason sighed in relief. "I thought we would have to wait for you all night."

"Yeah yeah just drive, Mason." Kai rolled her eyes.

I stayed quiet the whole ride there while the three were talking about God knows what.

When we arrived, Kol and Kai stuck to each other's side. They're like conjoined twins. We entered the club and followed Mason over to the back section of the club.

"You made it!" Juliana shouted over the music

She hugged Mason then me.

"We brought old friends." Mason pushed Kol and Kai forward. "Remember them?"

"Kol and Kai." Milan smiled. "It's been too long."

As they were introducing themselves, I snuck away from the group to get a drink.

"Not so fast." My cousin, Melanie was right behind me. "You're not getting a drink without me."

I smirked and we went over to the bar. The bartender was totally flirting with me but I was not interested.

"What are you doing?" Mason walked up next to me

"What does it look like? I'm getting a drink." The bartender handed me my drink and I walked back to our table with Melanie.

We spent hours in the club. I had to drag Kai to the dance floor. She came up with the excuse, 'I have two left feet'.

At the end she was dancing like a pro. The Spanish side of her came out. I noticed that a bunch of men would try to dance with her and she would stop and blush.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted over the music to Kai

"What are you talking about?" She asked confused

"Hot guys are trying to dance with you and you keep rejecting them." I wanted to smack her

"So." She shrugged

"Let them dance with you." I scrunched up my nose

"Yeah I don't think so." She shook her head

"Why?" I asked

"Don't know." She walked off of the dance floor

Something is up with her. She gets shy when someone compliments her, she blushed when guys try to dance her body, I came to the conclusion that she has never had a boyfriend. . . ever.

I followed her back to the table.

"Hey what's wrong?" I grabbed her hand and she pulled it away

I was now confused.

"I'm going back to Ma-uncle Marc's. Tell Kol that. I'll see you all tomorrow." She walked away from me

She seemed upset.

~ ~

Kai's P.O.V.

I was walking out of the club when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I apologized

"No worries." His accent rung through my ears. It wasn't Spanish or English it was from another place

I didn't even look at him and continued walking. I hailed a cab and gave the cab driver Marc's address.

I looked out the window and thought about how scared I am. I'm scared of relationships honestly. The story of my mother's relationships affected me so much. She was cheated on three times and I don't want to go through the same thing. I don't want to end up feeling used, betrayed, unloved and broken.