How about a makeover

All I can say is that I was right. Halfway through Anna's shopping spree I got a text from my mom. I knew something was off but I wasn't expecting this.

"So what'd your mom say?" I look over at Anna leaning over my shoulder trying to peek at my phone. She knows a little of what actually happens at home but not everything. If she knew everything it'd be bad for not only me but her as well.

"Nothing much. She just said we have a visitor coming over this weekend so I need to wear something decent." That was only partly a lie. We do have someone coming over but apparently it's some young bachelor coming to meet us. Mostly my sister but I have to at least sit there and look pretty.

My sister is only two years younger than me. Picture the bitchy head cheerleader in high school and that's exactly how she looks and acts. She's absolutely stunning. Beautiful long curly light brown hair which she gets dyed at least once a month. Stunning blue eyes that she got surgery so she didn't have to wear glasses or contacts because they "made her look too geeky and that's my role". Amazing figure which is because she only eats like three times a week. She also got breast implants but that's a whole different story. She went from an A cup to a D cup. I don't get why she cares so much but she does.

"I guess we're going shopping for you too." Anna gives me a wicked grin and I know she's up to something.  Her light brown eyes have that shine to them that only happens when she's about to do or say something she knows I won't like.

"I have no money Anna. What could I buy with no money?" She looks at me like I've grown two heads.

"Who said you'd be buying? Your sister is most likely going to dress up as the hoe she is so we're going to make you look stunning. We'll find something that will look elegant but also sexy." I can't help but smile. I know my parents will be pissed, mostly my mother, but there's not stopping Anna so I'll just go along.

"Fine but nothing to much please. How about we make it look like I'm about to get, knowing you, almost $100 worth of clothes." She again looks like I'm crazy, "What?"

"You seriously think I'm only buying clothes?! Hell no. We're going all out. I'm getting you everything you'll need to outshine your sister."

"You do realize that it's only a guest right? I'll probably never see the man again." She gets that shine in her eyes again and I know where this is going.

"I KNEW IT!!" People turn around and look at us like we've gone insane. They're not wrong but that's besides the point, "This is another of those marriage proposal things your mom makes you do!"

"Wait. What the hell? I never said that. Plus I've never told you about any of the other times either!" She looks down like she's guilty.

"Yeah well your sister tends to talk waaayyyyy too much. After one of them she kept going on and on about how he was just an old pervy man and there was no way she'd marry anyone over 25." She looks up at me to make sure I'm listening, "That's all she said. So let's keep moving."

"I know there's more to the story so keep talking. She said something about me didn't she." Anna again looks down and bites her lip as if she's trying to find the best way to put it, "Look Anna, Lexi is a bitch. We all know that. Just spit it out."

"Fine. She said that even a man in his 60's wouldn't want you. So we're going to prove that bitch wrong. I'm going to make you look fucking amazing without getting millions worth of surgeries. Now let's go. We only have a few hours left." I just let her drag me away.

After dozens of stores, a haircut, a facial, and a stop to a make up store, we were finally done. We got to my work with 10 minutes to spare.

"Oh my! Darling you look stunning." I look at the counter where Sue was staring at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world. This is how a mom should look at her daughter.

"Blame it on Anna. She drug me around the entire mall for hours. Even made me get all dolled up." She just frowned and shook her head.

"No no no my dear. This is amazing! Actually, no it's not. Go back. I can't have you looking like that." I'm instantly confused and I know she can tell as she gives me a small smile, "You're too beautiful sweetheart. Guys are going to try to steal my favorite girl away from me." I can't help but give her a small laugh and run over to her and hug her.

Going home is a terrifying thought because I have no idea how they'll react. But for now, surrounded by the smell of coffee and hugging the woman who was basically my adopted mother, everything felt right.

I was in my own world until I heard the door to the shop open. A man around my age walked in. He looked around my age and wore a loose T-shirt and grey sweatpants. Even though the shirt was loose you could tell he was built. Like has a eight pack built.

"Hi. I didn't know if you guys were open or not. The sign said closed but the doors were wide open so I figured I'd ask." He has the best smile with perfect white teeth. I heard Sue clear her throat and Anna who was now sitting in a small booth gave me a knowing look and snickered a bit. He had to be at least a foot taller than me but that is almost normal considering I'm only 5'3. I could see his dark blue eyes trail down my body then land on my work name tag which I never took off.

"Yes." Shit, try not to squeak and speak normally. I coughed a little before trying again, "Sorry. Yes we're open for a few more minutes. How can I help you." I could see him smirk at me for a split second before covering it with a sweet smile.

"Awesome. I'd just like a simple coffee please. Honestly just anything with caffeine. The more caffeine the better." Everyone chuckled for a bit.

"Alright. Anything with caffeine coming right up." Everyone was laughing now while he just rubbed the back of his neck and laughed along. I quickly and quietly got his coffee and rang him up at the register, "Will this be all?"

I could see him give a small smirk again but he again quickly plastered an innocent smile over it. I could tell there was something off about him. I know fake smiles and this man was not hiding anything with them.

"I think that's all but thank you. It's a cute little shop. I'll have to stop by again soon." With that and another smile he said bye to everyone and left.

"I'm so glad we got you that makeover because daaammmmnnnnn girl. He was hot and totally checking you out." I gave Anna a small glare but we laughed.

"He was definitely a cute young man but there's something off about him. I don't know Ari. Just keep an eye out." She kept her eyes on the door as if waiting for him to come back. I knew she was serious about this.

"I'll be ok. Plus I'm sure he won't come back. Even if he does he's just getting coffee. I'll be alright." I give her a hug and checked my phone, "I won't be ok if I'm home late though. I've got to get going. Anna my best friend and favorite person on earth would you please help Sue. Moms going to kill me if I'm late." She just smiles and says sure.

After saying goodbye I head home but my mind keeps getting flooded with thoughts. What will my parents think of my new looks? Who is coming over this weekend that is so special? More importantly, who was that guy in the coffee shop and why did I feel something off about him?