Chapter 1

When Ba Reum was guided to the interrogation room he could feel the glares and the looks of disbelief on him. Ever since he had discovered that he had been the killer, he had felt like being alive was a sin.

The whispers made his stomach turn. He knew that this would happen after people found out about him, but it was still hard to swallow to see these hate filled look. He could still remember the look Bong Yi had given him back there in the fields.

He was actually grateful for the chance to atone for his crimes and secretly he was also grateful that with the brain transplant he wouldn't live too long anymore. This life wasn't worth living anymore, and he was glad that it would take him away from these looks of hate.

He entered the interrogation room, and sat at the empty desk. He profiler was already sitting there.

The interrogator was a highly skilled profiler, who had been very interested in this case. Ba Reum tried to tell with as much of detail possible what he had done and he saw the man take notes. The man had asked him to not leave anything out, seeing his explanation could perhaps help in catching serial killers in the future.

Ba Reum understood how this knowledge could make it easier to catch them in the future, his knowledge about serial killers had helped him kill them as well.

At the end of what seemed like hours of him telling everything the man put his pen and looked Ba Reum in the eyes.

"These were all the people you killed." The man gestured down at the written statement.

"Yes." Ba Reum said, not even trying to ask for forgiveness.

"Do you regret your actions?"

"I do. If I could go back, I would make sure no one needed to die anymore. I would kill myself before I would let it happen again." Ba Reum felt tired, but somehow he wanted to assure that man of this fact. His new self regretted all of what happened in the past.

"You sure about that?" the man leaned on his arms, slightly towards Ba Reum, an intense look on his face. Ba Reum didn't haver the feeling the man was judging him, just asking a question out of curiosity.

"I'm not asking for forgiveness or even leniency. I'm just telling you the truth." Ba Reum said, at first a bit loud, but backing down quickly. The man kept on staring at him.

"So you would kill yourself if it could save all of these people." The man repeated and Ba Reum nodded, sure of that fact. Even now he could barely live with the guilt.

"Do you think you are capable of killing still?" the man asked, and Ba Reum looked at him weirdly. He thought about it, considering the serious question.

"If me killing someone meant that it could save lives of good people, I think I would." He said, feeling that this was the honest answer. The profiler nodded and got up from his chair, coming over the Ba Reum's side of the table and leaning against it.

"Well, seeing as you are willing to kill yourself to save your victims, I think it's best that we'll give you that change." He said and Ba Reum looked at the man, taken aback by that statement.

"Excuse me, I don't think I understand what you mean." He said when only silence filled the room.

"I'm offering you a second chance." The profiler said, leaning even closer so their faces were only inches apart, "I can send you back right before you kill the first victim. The only thing is, I will send you back as you are now. You would still be dying from the brain operation and you're younger self, the real Predator, would be running amok as well."

Ba Reum stared at the man, wondering if the profiler had gone crazy or if he was hallucinating. He surreptitiously pinched himself in the arm, but the image stayed the same.