Chapter 30

Ba Reum heard a knock on his door and hesitantly opened it, looking through the crack. There had been some prankers that had been knocking on his door the whole day and when he opened threw eggs at him, and now he was becoming wary of people.

It was a relief when he saw it was just Bong Yi and opened the door to let her in.

"Bong Yi, shouldn't you be going to church group?" he asked. He had send her a text that he wasn't going earlier today.

"I'm just picking you up." She said.

"I wasn't going. Didn't you receive my text?" he asked, picking up his cell phone to see if it was properly send.

"No, I got your message. But if it is because that everyone found out that you are related to Head Hunter, then it's a stupid reason not to go." Bong Yi said and Ba Reum looked at his feet, confirming that it was indeed the reason.

"I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable." He confessed, and to be honest, he hated the way people stared at him. His friends kept on saying that he isn't evil because of his father, but he knew better. He just couldn't tell anyone how right those people were and now everyone was fighting because of it.

He wanted to make people happier, not start a stupid social war.

"You shouldn't care about that. Let's go." Bong Yi said, grabbing him by his good hand and dragging him with her. He couldn't do anything but follow her. He could feel people staring at him on the street, some of them even going as far as crossing the street or pulling their children away from him when he passed. He realised that this must have been how Yo Han was treated during his childhood.

It mad him feel bad for the other man.

When he entered the church group with Bong Yi, suddenly it went silent. No one said anything for a second.

"Ba Reum, come here," Dong Koo called him over and then people started to talk again. He was about to go over to Dong Koo when someone approached him.

"You should go." The middle-aged woman said. It was someone he never really had a lot of interaction with. She always liked to gossip about everyone.

"No he shouldn't," Bong Yi answered instead of him.

"Yes, he should. People like him aren't welcome here."

"Lay of off him, he's done nothing wrong." Another man said.

"He shouldn't mingle with normal people," she shot back, and one or two of her friend agreed with her, but the group started to grumble. It had clearly already been talked about.

Bong Yi was preparing herself to go into an argument, and Ba Reum was wondering if he should just leave, but Bong Yi must have seen him move and had grabbed his arm tightly.

"What is going on here?" an angry voice sounded and everyone turned around to see father Ko. The middle aged woman was the first to react.

"Ba Reum had the audacity to show his face here. How dare you, even after everything your family did, especially to father Ko." She said the last part to Ba Reum, and he could feel himself shrinking back.

They really had no idea how right they were.

"It's fine, I'm going." He said, and pulled himself away from Bong Yi, who looked at him wide eyed.

"No, you are staying here." Father Ko said decisively. The normal gentle priest got a more fierce aura, seeming more like his brother now.

"But father..." the woman said, taken aback.