Chapter 10

Yo Han contemplated the information he had recently been given. He had tried to call his mother once more for the reason why she had switched her own son for him.

The immense hate that came from her every time she talked about her biological child was just wrong, and he was quite sure that if she had kept Ba Reum he might just not have made it to adulthood anyway.

He understood that she had gotten rid of Ba Reum because she wouldn't have been able to live with the child.

The question was why were they switched? She wouldn't answer that question. He tried thinking about it, but it didn't make sense to him. If his mother hadn't wanted to have her husband's son, she could have just given him up for adoption. And his own biological mother, why would she have accepted the son of the feared serial killer.

He tried to get it out of his mother, but she was fixated on keeping him away from Ba Reum at all costs and kept on avoiding the topic further. He had actually just hung up in the middle of the conversation last time, not willing to listen to her until she would finally calm down.

He had met Ba Reum, and spent some time with the other man, and he did feel like he was more of a kindred spirit than the monster his mother pretended he was. He had the feeling that Ba Reum was a bit like himself. He played with the idea of meeting again. Something about the other man just intrigued him.

His mother warned him off, but seeing recent events he felt quite in spite of his mother and decided to just do the opposite.

He found Ba Reum's phone number easily enough in the system. It was luckily noted down at the moment he had made his appointment. He hesitated a bit, wondering if he wasn't coming on too strong.

He was normally not the guy that reached out to other people like that, but the circumstances were different then normal. And Ba Reum had offered to help him out if he needed. He entered the numbers and waited a few rings, hoping that the man would answer before he lost his nerve.

"Jung Ba Reum." Came the voice on the other side, a bit muffled, as if Ba Reum had been eating.

"Ba Reum, it's me, Sung Yo Han."

"Yo Han?" the voice asked in surprise.

"Yes, I hope I'm not intruding, but I would like to meet again." He said.

"Oh, well, sure I guess." The voice on the other side sounded a bit hesitant.

"Are you available tomorrow evening? After work?"

"Yes, sure. Where do you want to meet?" Ba Reum asked and they agreed to meet in small restaurant.

Ba Reum put down his phone, surprised at the sudden demand of Yo Han to meet. He wondered if the man wanted a favor of him, but he couldn't think what it would be. He guessed he would find out tomorrow after work.

He finished eating his toast, not feeling very hungry. His appetite was really low lately, but he realised that he had to keep his strength up if he wanted to live until the end of the year he had been giving.

Still, it tasted a bit off lately and settled bad in his stomach.

He cleaned off his dishes and went back to his computer. He was currently searching every information he could get his hands on from his previous victims and then he was trying to think how he could make their lives better than they were right now.

He still remembered Yun Soong Young, the woman who worked in the bar, but didn't want to entertain the male customers. Barely surviving to make a future for her daughter. He looked her up on the internet, wondering if he could do something about her financial situation.