Chapter 13

Ba Reum had also found another one of his victims. Park Jong Ho, the young man's reason for working so many jobs was actually quite simple.

Debts. The man's father had collected quite a few gambling debts and had been a drunk as well. He had lost every job he had and in the end had to be admitted in the hospital with liver cirrhosis and diabetes.

The costs of that had quickly escalated as well and when the man died, it had all been passed to the son. For him, Ba Reum had a simple solution. He would use his savings to pay off those debts. He could easily do this anonymously.

The next time the debts needed to get a repayment, he would notice that it was all okay, and would have to opportunity to start saving for himself.

Ba Reum sat back on his chair, glad that he was able to help the people he had once hurt.

He looked over the list and his gaze felt on the CEO who had given away his fortunes. He had thought about what he could do to help him. One would think that money and a place to live was something the man wanted, but Ba Reum had studied his prey before he killed them. He knew that wasn't what he wanted.

He was the kind of guy who cared about the people around him, giving his stuff away so that they could have a better live. Ba Reum looked on the net for charities around that area and saw that there was one.

One phone call later to ask if they needed any volunteers and they had happily accepted him, glad for an extra pair of hands. This was the way he could help his victim, for the rest of his life he could do the charity and help the homeless people from that area.

When he got up the next morning, it really seemed like autumn begone. The leaves were slowly turning shades of yellow, orange, red and brown and it was a cold grey day, which threatened to be raining the rest of the day.

Except for the pain in his head, he was feeling quite well. He took his painkiller and ate a larger breakfast then usual, for once feeling hungry. He was probably still feeling good from being able to help his victims.

He looked at the clock and got ready for work as fast as possible. He knew that Bong Yi would go to school around this time and he knew how much she hated crossing that bridge when the weather was like this.

He could feel his stomach starting to roil a bit, and wondered that perhaps the large breakfast combined with the medication had been a bad idea, but he ignored the nausea. It wasn't the first time that he had felt like this.

He took his large umbrella with him and lingered a bit near the bridge, until he finally saw Bong Yi approaching with her grandmother. Bong Yi looked pale and was shaking a bit. He pretended to just walk by at the same moment.

"Oi, Bong Yi, halmoni." He said when he passed them.

"Ah, Ba Reum, going to work?" halmoni said, smiling at him when he adjusted his pace to theirs, making sure the umbrella was covering them as well.

"Yes, can't let the bad guys get away." He said smiling

"As if you ever chase bad guys." Bong Yi muttered, looking to the side angrily.

"Bong Yi, be nice to officer Jung. You know he helps people a lot." Halmoni scolded her granddaughter, but kept a smile up for Ba Reum.

Bong Yi kept on being grumpy the whole time while Ba Reum and halmoni kept up a stream of small talk. They passed the bridge safely, tryi,g ,ot to pay a lot of attention to Bong Yi paling, and walked a bit further where their roads split.

"Well, I'm off here. Have a safe trip." He said bowing.

He made the rest of the way, trying not to groan when he felt his stomach give another painful twitch. He hoped he would be able to make the end of the day. The feeling was getting worse, still when he arrived at work he kept his persona up.