Chapter 5

It had been almost 24 hours now since they got Choi Young Shin in custody and Moo Chi was getting frustrated.

Ever since the initial surprise at the accusation of murder had worn off, Choi Young Shin kept on denying all the knowledge of the body in her car, insisting that someone must have planted it in there.

"And who could have done that?" Moo Chi asked her aggresivley.

"That's not my job to find out, detective." She said, still looking down on him. She kept cool through every interrogation.

If only the witness hadn't been so scared of giving her name, than it would have been easier.

And of course, with the help of a small army of lawyers, she was succeeding in casting reasonable doubt for having the body dumped in her car. As long as no one proves it was her, then they would have to let her go once the 24 hours are gone.

The prosecutor's were scared of giving them more time based on 'so little evidence'. It struck Moo Chi as unfair, just because she's a big-shot politician, the laws are different for her. But 24 hours was 24 hours,.

Their department was trying to make use of that allotted time to search every angle of the case that they could think off.

They even got the CC-TV from near her house and the only thing they were some people parking their cars near there, and then coming back later. There was someone who had done so rather late at night, parking his car near the garage, going away and coming back about half an hour later, but that was hardly suspicious at all.

Still, with no witness to the murder it looked like they would have to let her go soon.

They tried to ID the body as well, but so far it hadn't worked out. DNA turned out nothing, his face was too bashed in for facial recognition or reconstructing, or even dental records. His fingerprints had been scalded off. Nothing with which they could identify the man.

"Moo Chi, quick, look at this." Sang said, making Moo Chi look up from the picture of the disfigured face.

Sang was gesturing to his computer and Moo Chi got up and hurried leaning over Sang's shoulder to get a better view of the screen.

When Moo Chi could see the image clearly, Sang pressed the play button on the movie.

"I don't care what you think. If he doesn't want to kill anyone, we'll just have to make sure that everyone believes he did, even if we have to do it ourselves."

"Is that Choi Young Shin?" he asked, verifying it to Sang, who nodded, looking a bit too pleased.

"Don't get too happy about this, it still doesn't mean your father will be elected." Moo Chi said, but inwardly he was pleased himself. It wasn't a clear confession, but in there she said she was willing to murder.

"Yes sir." Sang said, the smile still on his face and Moo Chi just shook his head and got his phone out to call the prosecutor.

"There is more." Sang said when he saw Moo Chi grab the phone.

"More?" he asked.

"Here on the forum." Moo Chi leaned back over his co-workers shoulder and read the post.

Dear people,

I witnessed Choi Young Shin commit a murder. I don't dare to disclose my whereabouts or even my identity because she's such a powerful person.
I just want to make sure that everyone knows about her actions.

That in itself wouldn't mean a lot in the court, but the pics she had posted in there were just what they needed.
Three snapshots, made from a weird angle, of Choi Young Shin putting the plastic with the body inside in the car, together with another person.