Chapter 16

Notes: 

Hi guys, here is another update. We are about halfway through (will be 31 chapters in total). 

Hope you all like the story still ^^. 

---------------------------------------------

The next few days the detective went in harsh on Ba Reum, interrogated him several times during several days, sometimes even during the night.

He made sure to make Ba Reum as miserable as possible, making sure that he is denied lunch when he is still being interrogated, even waking him up several times during the night, leaving the cuffs on too tight, forcing his arms in a uncomfortable position.

The questions never really changed. The man kept on asking where the bodies were, and who he really was. But Ba Reum could only say the same things, so he ignored the man as best as he could. Every time he answered the same answer, he would only get slapped over the head.

He wondered how long they could keep him here like this. Normally in cases like these, when there was no to little evidence, they wouldn't have been able to keep him longer then 24 hours.

But the prosecutor in charge had lengthened it a few times already. Ba Reum idly wondered if they would be able to convict him if they had no proof of him actually having committed a murder? If they remaining members of OZ had still enough influence, they possibly could.

He had been careless to expect them to stop functioning when their leader had been put in prison, but he knew that most members weren't involved in the murders. And a lot of them had relatives who had been victims of serial killers, so he didn't want to go down too hard on them.

He would see what happens. In the end, they are only going after him and no one else. If that was the only damage they did, it didn't really matter.

Another thing that was keeping him miserable were his recurring headaches, which amplified because of the bad treatment, but he didn't dare to ask for painkillers. He had the feeling that if the detective found out about this weekend, he would be feeling much worse headaches soon.

He tried to rest when he could and eat the food to keep his strength up, but thee food they gave him tasted bland and made his stomach revolt. Or was it the headache that made his stomach feel queasy.

He tried to ignore the pounding in his head as best as he could, trying to sleep a bit, but most of the time he was just curled in a corner of his cell, often holding a hand to his head in the hope to ease the pressure that was on the inside.

Moo Chi had visited him a few times, just standing there and looking at him. Ba Reum recognized the look he was getting. Moo Chi started to doubt that Ba Reum was guilty, at least from the crimes he was accused off, but he wasn't going to act just yet, still believing in the system a little.

He woke up to the sight of the sun raising and he could feel the headache already stabbing him. It was a particular vicious day. His cell had full view of the raising sin and the glaring light was making him feel even worse.

Then when it was lunch, it got even worse. Today they served cheonggukjang, and the smell made him nauseous. He remembered when his aunt had fixed that for him after his surgery, and the stuff still smelled as vile as before, making his stomach turn.

He put it at the far end of his cell, in the hope that they would quickly get it away from him.

He managed to fall asleep, but barely five minutes later the detective came to get him from his cell for another interrogation.

He was slow and sluggish, but the man had no pity with him and did the cuffs around his wrists tightly and he could feel it press in his flesh, bruising it further. He was pulled so roughly that he tripped and fell to his knees.