CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Two Thousand Years Ago

Olympus, Greece

Psyche

As soon as the doors open, all eyes fall on me. I don't look at them though. My focus is on him. He stands there in shock as I start to walk towards him, slowly. Zeus is standing beside him, holding onto his arm tightly. My heart pounds in my chest, my mind too chaotic to decipher. So many questions swirl inside my brain but looking at him calms it all. A comforting warmth goes through my body. I know I have made the right decision. 

Eros breaks from Zeus's grip, racing down the aisle to me. I stop walking, smiling brightly as he slams his lips to mine. Happy tears stream down my face and I wrap my arms around his neck. His kisses are warm, desperate, familiar. There is applause that breaks out around us and I pull away from him.

"Lykos, I missed you so much." I choke back a sob, pressing my lips to his once more.

He presses his forehead to mine. "Do you want this? Do you want to marry me?"

"Yes. I do. I do want to marry you..." I say, my eyes connecting with his. "...Eros."

He smiles brightly, taking my hand and rushing me down the rest of the aisle. His hand never leaves mine as we stand in front of the Queen of the Gods. Hera.

"As you were, Yaya." Eros says.

Hera looks between us, smiling for a split second before returning to her expressionless face. She continues on with the ceremony, watching both of us carefully. I squeeze Eros's hand, not wanting to let him go. It has been a week of extreme chaos and all I wanted was him. His comfort, his touch. Every inch of him. I bite my bottom lip at the thought of tonight.

"I missed you..." Eros whispers to me, under his breath. "... we need to talk."

I nod, trying to keep my focus on Hera as she recits our vows. "We do."

"You may now kiss the bride," Hera announces.

Eros pulls me to him, my hands resting against his chest. He slams his lips to mine. "I love you."

"And I love you," I whisper to him, kissing him back harder.

Eros lowers himself, wrapping his arm behind my knees but before he can lift me up and take me away from here, Hera clears her throat.

"You'll remain here for the reception, boy." Hera says.

Eros stands up, looking back at Hera. "You can't be serious, Yaya..."

Hera sneers, gesturing to the elaborate reception off to the side. "Oh, but I am."

Eros sighs, taking my hand in his. He leads me to the reception which is just a few steps away from where the ceremony was held. The room is filled with multiple long tables and at the very back is one for just the two of us. Golden roses are bunded nicely in the middle of the tables along with food that could last for days. Eros continues to lead me to our table, pulling out my chair when we arrive. I take my seat, Eros sitting beside me. He looks over to the Queen of the Gods, who is now sitting on her throne.

"You're enjoying this." He says.

Hera smirks, settling back into her throne. "I have no idea what you mean."

I look at all the food, drooling and my stomach grumbling. I forgot I hadn't eaten properly in a week. "Look at all the food, Husband!"

Eros turns his attention back to me, scooting closer and grumbling. "You should have let me carry you off when we had the chance."