01

CHAPTER 1: FIRST STEP
(Present time)
Rionne's POV

Summer. Her favorite season is here, sadly she's not here. I remember how she always pop out in front of me and will scream "time for ice cream!" Geez, such an ice cream addict for a hater of cold.

Today is another normal day for me— doing work while reminiscing the memories we shared together. Yeah, it's been a year, but I'm still in the process of accepting that she isn't here anymore. At first, I wished to forget my pieces of memories of her because I can't bare it. Heck, It took me a year to wake up from that nightmare and convince myself that it's time to mend my shattered life.

Yup, i was shattered the moment she left and up to now i'm still shattered. I'm shattered, but trying to pick up my broken pieces to glue them together. I know, i may not be patched totally because broken patterns will stay forever with me as those were the reminders of her. Painful yet worth it.

I loved her too much and that wasn't wrong because when it comes to her, everything felt right. She deserves my too much love for her. But this world don't deserve her. I always tease her that she's too kind that she exceeded the criteria for being an angel and now she finally become one.

"I wish you were here." I mumbled to myself after heaving a sigh. Since she was gone, my interests in everything was gone too. I better stop this drowning thoughts, pull yourself together, Rionne! You have a lot of documents to work on, focus on that for now.

"How did we even get here?" A question that I couldn't provide an answer, because I'm still living in the time where the word 'us' exists.

𖧧 ───━
WE LOST THE SUMMER
by @mydahlia_