14

CHAPTER 14: 1ST ANNIVERSARY
August 24, 2019
Rionne's POV

"I can't believe this! You're a couple for one year and I never witnessed the two of you fight?!" Yeah, one year have passed, but exaggerated Cara will never pass away.

I held Summer's hand and interwined our fingers. Yes, we are celebrating our first anniversary today!

With the help of my pets, I was able to surprise Summer. God, she even whined earlier because her gift is just simple, but damn. She deserved all of this; her smiles and her presence would always be the best gift I ever had.

"Hey, y'all looked tired. You know, you can all go home and rest, Rionne and I will do the cleaning." Summer curves her lips upwards reassuring the others that it's fine, but little did she know, I have one more surprise for her.

I signalled, Van to switch off the lights and when he did, I immediately get up from the couch and made my way to the small stage we prepared last night. It's hidden in one of the rooms inside my condo, that's why Summer haven't seen it.

My entrance was smooth, that it seemed to happen in a blink of an eye to not scare Summer, because she's afraid of the dark. So, we placed a not too bright spotlight above her head and installed the brighter one on the stage.

It looks like she's in a concert and the audience is only her. If you're going to ask what would I do here, just relax and watch.

When the first beat of the song started playing, I gripped the microphone in my hand, and locked eyes with Summer's confused one. Then, I began to sing the first verse of the song.

Looking me like I'm crazy, when I shot my feelings out
Looking me like I'm different
Still you stay 'cause you feel something real
It's so lost in my moment, doesn't mean I don't need you, I

I, I fell in love with the colors
They kinda tell me what I'm thinking
I fell in love with the way we are
And the way we lose it
Something different about us
And the reason why we stay, stay

We fly around like paper planes
They never know where we will fall
Nobody can see us still
They wanna tear us apart
There's something different
'Bout the way we are, are, are

Ooh, ooh
Ooh
There's something different about us
Ooh, ooh
Ooh
There's something different about us

A bowling cup after cup after cup
Yes, that's the way we do it
Anything just a block of the real-life, real-life
Yeah, we love in the way they
Think we're so messed up, up
Even if what we're doing is bad

There's already emotions
Sharing stories that we never had yet none is real
I think we're searching for reasons
Not to be like them, them

We fly around like paper planes
They never know where we will fall
Nobody can see us still
They wanna tear us apart
There's something different
'Bout the way we are, are, are

Ooh, ooh
Ooh
There's something different about us
Ooh, ooh
Ooh
There's something different about us

There's something different 'bout the way we are

The whole time I'm singing was spent by staring at Summer. When I finished the song, she clapped her hands wearing her widest smile.

"Summer, I'm glad you found me in that hot summertime. Maybe, I'm still lost up to now if you haven't appeared in my lifeless life." The time we met was in a summertime, when the sun is at its peak, but my life is stuck in winter. Then, Summer came making my summer season glow by grabbing me out of that endless pit of winter.

"I'm sorry for the times when I hurted you, how i wish I could beat the past me for that." We both laugh at what I said because it becomes a habit of us, that whenever we talk about the past, we'll laugh it out like it never mattered anymore because what's important is the present.

"Stop being dramatic now and dance with Summer!" Who else got the audacity to shout like that when I'm having my moment with Summer? Of course, only Cara! In Cara, I believe that it's time to finally end our friendship.

So, I stepped down of the small stage and neared Summer to take her on the dance floor.

I kneeled in front of her and she bit her bottom lip to supress her smile. "Can I have this dance?" Summer didn't waste any time as she abruptly drags me to where the spotlights with different colors are.

"I see, someone is impatient." I smirked as an act to tease her. As a slow music was blasted through the speakers, I gently places my left hand above her right shoulder, while my right hand is on her hips. Then, Summer wraps her hands around my neck, as I pulled her closer to me.

Our bodies, swayed with the music. Our eyes only diverts on our face. Our smiles that couldn't be hidden because of the butterflies we are feeling and we danced like we are alone on this dance floor.

Then, my eyes caught a huge contusion on her left elbow, so I quickly asked her where did she get that.

"Oh, it's nothing. I fell off my bed this morning and the impact made my elbow like that." Summer scrunched her face maybe because she remembers the way she fell off her bed. She's such a sleepyhead, that's why this kind of scenario isn't new to me anymore, but I still want to ask where she got it.

"See, just accept my offer by sleeping beside me so I can hug you tight all night and no more falling off the bed!" Summer playfully smack my chest while giggling, then I stole a peck on her lips which makes her cheeks flushed.

Damn, did I saved my country in my past life that's why I got to spend my life with this precious woman?

"I love you, Summer." I whispered to her, then envelopes her and kisses the top of her head.

"I love you, Rionne." Summer hides her face on the crook of my neck, which I find adorable.

Thank you for existing, Summer.

𖧧 ───━
WE LOST THE SUMMER
by @mydahlia_