Chapter 25

a/n: New chapter yay~ It's been fun to write thanks to my lovely gf HorizonTraveller  (o'∀'o) Also I included a few extra drawings at the end of the story. 

Enjoy reading!

***

Riding on a bike must've tired me out more than I was aware of, because I'd fall asleep and probably embarrass myself by snoring loudly in his aunt's car, if it wasn't for her trying to maintain a casual conversation with me. The distance by car wasn't even that far, it was going to take only around 10 to 15 minutes.

"You might not know about it but I've heard about you from Nagito even before you two were an item." She had a large, almost banana-like smile on her face. Her words piqued my curiosity, I wanted to know all the details. It's quite flattering to hear that he has told her about me that early. I smiled goofily. "You were the boy that collapsed, right?" My silly smile quickly turned into a grimace. "He contacted me, asking for advice regarding your health. He was really worried about you." For a while she appeared to be lost in her thoughts.

"At the time it really surprised me. You two were strangers to each other, yet he insisted on taking care of you himself even so. He's not really the type to care much for people that he's not close with." Hearing those words brought back my smile. It sure does feel nice to be special. "I sure am lucky then."

She smiled back at me and continued. "At first I was against it, however, I knew he'd be able to take care of you. With a few more instructions, that is."

I was quiet for a while, before asking her, "How did you know?"

"You know, the gauzes..." Her expression got serious. "It's not very uncommon for me to see him covered in patches or gauzes. It used to be worse, I still remember when he had a few bandages around his head." She let out a sigh. "That idiot... It's actually thanks to him that I know of a few ways of aiding someone as well." I figured, from what she had told me, that the reason why he could take care of me was because he got hurt or hurt himself often.

"I'm glad he met you." I could sense something close to relief in her words. "So am I. It might sound a bit cheesy, but I think we both need each other." I couldn't help blushing a bit when admitting that.

"I think it's romantic and pure more than anything." She strengthened her grip on the wheel and nodded. "I'll be always here for the both of you, this auntie will protect her kids!" She announced with cheerful determination. I cherished her kindness, and I couldn't help being surprised by how genuine and selfless it was.

"I-I'm not your kid though..." I coughed trying to conceal my embarrassment. "But Nagito is! And since you two are together, it's just how it works." she spoke with an instructive voice. "Does it?" I scratched my head. I didn't know much about family relations so you could tell me anything and there's a high chance I'd buy it. "Yup."

Suddenly her expression changed. "I'm going to submit a statement to the police regarding his parents. I've been thinking about settling another case while at it." Another case? I scratched my head, pondering about it. "Do you mean... Mahiru's case perhaps?" I asked with hesitation.

She nodded. "Oh, so you know." She glanced at me with a slight smile. "Do you know anything I could tell them in his defence? Nagito didn't want to tell me anything..." she let out a long sigh. "He didn't have any legal action going on against him, because of insufficient evidence, but the case has been bothering me since then. It hasn't been closed yet which means they could dig it up anytime."

I furrowed my eyebrows, deeply concerned. I feel like my immature brain didn't consider any of that. I laughed, feeling somewhat distressed. I left everything to Nanami... didn't I? I cursed quietly. I trust her, but I feel like burdening her with the whole case was neither nice nor smart of me.