Chapter Two: Meeting Nico

Azure POV & 3rd POV

Linda, Blu, and Azure are now in Rio, with Tulio giving them a ride. Blu was in his cage while Azure is by the window to keep him company. Azure is small enough to get out of it if he wants to, but he's gonna need to be there for his brother.

Linda was putting on some sunscreen. "Your turn, Blu, Azure. You two don't want to get beak-burn." Linda said as she put sunscreen on Blu, and Azure's beaks. Azure just wiped it off. Blu look out of the cage. Both Blu, and Azure are feeling the breeze. Until the car stopped, a bunch of music and people with masks are around startling Blu.

"Whoa! What's going on here?" Linda asked. "You arrived in time for Carnaval." Tulio replied. "Carnaval?" Linda questioned. "Yes. It's the biggest party in the world. You know, a time to have fun and dance." Tulio said as he imitates drumming. Linda laughed a bit. "Oh, my. Is she a performer?" Linda asked as she saw a woman. "No. In fact, she's my dentist. Dr. Barbosa!" Tulio said as he beeped his truck and greeted her. "Oy! Don't forget to floss, Tulio." Dr. Barbosa greeted him as she laughed a bit. "You got it! Come tomorrow night, everyone will be dressed like that." Tulio told Linda. "Not me." Linda said as she chuckled a little.

Blu, and Azure looked above the cage and saw a Yellow Canary, and a Red-crested Cardinal on the cage. "♪Oba, la, la, la, ya E, e, ei!♪ E ai? Tudo bom?(♪Whoa, la, la, la, ya And, and, hey!♪ What's up? It's OK?)" Nico asked in Portuguese. Blu, and Azure didn't understand him. Azure can't deny that he thinks the Yellow Canary is handsome with his bottle cap hat. "Oh. Um, oh, right. Uh, yeah. Aah! Uh..." Blu tried to look through his guidebook but dropped it. "We're not from here." I told them, helping Blu a little. "Hey, Nico. They're tourist." Pedro said.

"Funny, you two don't look like one." Nico said. "Really? We... We don't?" Blu questioned. "Except you got pigeon doo-doo on your nose." Pedro said to Blu. "Oh, oh, oh, no, this is just SPF 3,000." Blu said as he wipes the sunscreen off. "So are you two here for Carnaval?" Nico asked. "Oh, actually, I'm just here to meet a... a girl." Blu replied. "I'm just here to make sure I don't end up with one." I said. "Why not?" Nico asked. "I don't like girls. I'm only interested in guys." I replied.

Nico felt his heart beating fast just by looking at Azure's gorgeous Indigo feathers, his gorgeous Green eyes, and the Brown cowboy hat that fits perfectly well on him, he has to changed the subject really quick. "Oh, a girl!" Nico said. "Yes." Pedro said. "Little word of advice: you make the first move. Brazilian ladies respond to confidence." Nico said as he picked up Azure and he twirled him, dipped him, tipped his bottle cap hat and winked at him. "Quite, the charmer, aren't you?" I asked chuckling a bit. "I try." Nico replied.

"Oh, right." Blu said. "Yeah, it's all about swagger. You got to puff out that chest. Mmm! Swing that tail. Eyes narrow, like some kind of crazy love hawk." Pedro said as he showed Blu what to do and squawk at the end. "But, first, we got to bust you out." Nico said. "What?" Blu questioned. "Yeah! I'm-a pop that cage open like a soda can." Pedro said. Pedro tries to break the metal bars that Blu is inside of. "No, no, no. Whoa! No, no, no, that's okay. Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Blu said trying to stop Pedro. "You call that popping?" Nico questioned. "Whew. This thing's robust." Pedro said. "No, no, no. No, guys, really. I'm fine. This cage is great. Love this cage." Blu said as he hugged the cage.

"Ta bom.(It's OK.) Suit yourself." Nico said. "Bye, maravilhoso.(Gorgeous: For Male.)" Nico said to Azure and flew away. "Bye, Nico." I said chuckling a little, although I didn't know what Nico said at the end. "Hey, don't forget, love hawk." Pedro said as he squawks at the end. "Bemvindo!(Welcome!)" Nico said. "Yes. Yes, bem... And... and to you, as well." Blu said stammering a bit. And the truck continued.