♡ 14 ♡

Here you go with the fourteenth chapter!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bondita heard hushed voices near the kitchen. She frowned and walked towards the source to find herself in utter shock.

She stood there numb and weak as she saw the scene in front of her. Her heart broke into a million of pieces, she ran away from there quietly trying not to break down in the mid away. She slammed the door shut and leaned against it crying hysterically.

Bondita shut her eyes and tried to forget the images and things her mind was imagining. The only question boomed in her mind was - Why me?

"Bondita.." Anirudh called out as he knocked at the door.

Bondita quickly wiped her tears and washed her face opening the door. Anirudh smiled towards her but frowned when saw her eyes red and lips swollen. He cupped her face and made her look up at him.

"What happened love?" Anirudh asked whispering.

Bondita nodded in a no smiling timidly. Anirudh knew she was lying but he didn't want to force her so just hugged her tight. Bondita sighed and forgetting the pain in her heart she hugged him wholeheartedly.

"Anirudh babu" Bondita spoke softly.

Anirudh hummed and kissed her forehead.

"Will you tell me about you and Saudamini?" Bondita asked fiddling with her fingers.

Anirudh looked at her furiously but calmed down when realized she had every right to know about them.

"Promise you won't be upset" Anirudh held out his palm.

Bondita nodded in a yes and kept her palm on his. Anirudh smiled and caressed her hair.

"I wasn't interested in girls and all.. my only motive was to study and become a barrister so I could help the women of our country. As you know I had gone to London at a young age, there I made new friends and new relations. I had seen my friends having night stands, hook ups but that all disgusted me to be honest. So, when I was in my third year of college - I met Saudamini.. I was surprised to see an Indian girl in foreign and the way she spoke I thought was wonderful which certainly wasn't. I was attracted to her and she reciprocated my feelings. I thought I found the one I was looking for but who knew she was just behind my fame. She was double timing me and that too with my best friend." Anirudh's voice faded a bit as if reliving the moments of betrayal.

Bondita held his hand and smiled encouragingly. Anirudh smiled back and kissed her cheek.

"I broke up with her and after completing my degree came back to Tulsipur. I had decided I wouldn't marry again but you know how kaka is, his emotional blackmails god!" Anirudh chuckled speaking the last sentence.

Bondita giggled and kissed his nose. Anirudh beamed and continued.

"Maa was perfect for baba.. and I thought why not marry someone who is from maa's hometown.. I had full faith, my Bondita would be waiting for me in Krishna Nagar" Anirudh smiled proudly.

Bondita looked at him with hint of tears but quickly hid them smiling towards him.

"After falling in love with you I understood the true meaning of love. I still haven't figured out how to sit across from you and not be madly in love with everything you do" Anirudh giggled.

"Really?" Bondita whispered hoarsely.

"Are you crying again? Will you tell me the reason jaan please? I go mad when I see tears in your eyes" Anirudh said in frustration.