12

They both arrive at the principal's office. Jaemin is about to open the door but he notices something.

Donghyuck is shaking. Jaemin stops his tracks immediately.

"Hey, don't be scared. It probably won't be anything bad.", he says softly.

Donghyuck takes a deep breath. How could Jaemin talk that easily to him? His heart swells up.

"It's fine, you shouldn't care anyway.", he mutters the last part and hears Jaemin sigh.

"I think I can do it now, let's go inside", Donghyuck says after catching himself again and turns to the door. Jaemin opens it and both of them get inside.

The principal is occupied with a stack of paperwork but is quick to notice the boys.

"Ah, Jaemin I see you found Donghyuck.", he says and motions for them to sit down.

"You're probably asking yourselves why I called you here.", he starts.

"See, it's nothing bad. Actually, it's really honorable for you both to be here. You had the best scores in all exams combined."

"Thank you, sir.", they say at the same time.

"Ah, no need to thank me but yourselves for your hard work. So I called you both here because
the position of the student body president needs to be assigned as fast as possible.", he says.

He takes out two files from his desk drawer.

"So I went through both of your records since both of you got first place in the exams. Jaemin, you used to be the top student before you transferred. Now that you're back your student record isn't as clean as it used to be. You have detention like every other week.", he goes on.

"Now onto you, Donghyuck. For a whole year now you have proven yourself to be a reliable top student. You do extra assignments, your grades are all at a 100, you are always here on time and not a single bad remark is found in your student record."

"Thank you", Donghyuck says again, the tips of his ears start getting red. He loves to be praised for his achievements.

"But before your sudden turn to be a good student, you were quite the troublemaker. I remember assigning Jaemin to tutor you back then. I don't quite know how the both of you changed so much, but I'm still glad that your grades are on top."

Donghyuck feels Jaemin's gaze on him. He just nods.

"I already made a decision. A decision that this school never saw but in this case, I couldn't help myself. It wouldn't be fair if I chose between one of you."

What? Does that mean he won't choose one of us?, Donghyuck asks himself. He feels the anxiety creeping up inside of him.

"So for his year, the school will have two student body presidents. Something that never occurred before, but I think I'm doing you a favor here. You will graduate at the end of the year so splitting the duties will buy you more time to study. ", he says.

Donghyuck is shocked. What did the principal just say? Splitting the position? Is that even possible?

"So congratulations, Na Jaemin and Lee Donghyuck. You both are assigned with the position. The school already put your little office together. I will announce the news after you guys are in your office. Here are some papers that you should discuss there. Thank you", he says and releases them with a key.

Donghyuck can't process what's going on.

He just follows Jaemin with small steps.

So he is going to see Jaemin every day now, and he needs to talk to Jaemin every day. This is a living nightmare, he thinks.

They arrive at a small office with two desks, a huge smartboard, a small discussion table in the middle, and a small refrigerator for drinks.

He is glad that he has room to study in peace now, but Jaemin would be there too. He's still shaken up over the news.

"Attention, please! The school has decided on the school body president role. This year, it will be split between Lee Donghyuck and Na Jaemin. Please turn to them if you need help or advice. Congratulations.", the school speakers convey the message.

The announcement spoke it into reality.

Donghyuck sits down at the discussion table, no thoughts, head empty. He can't grasp a single thought.

"So now we're stuck together, huh?", Jaemin jokingly says.

Donghyuck glares at him. "Are you for real now?"

Oh, boy was Donghyuck mad.

"Where do you find the confidence to speak to me, after all that you've done to me?", he's fuming. His heart is aching so much.

Jaemin's expression doesn't change. He's still smiling, provoking Donghyuck even more.

"Now don't be mad at me, my love, you don't know what you're talking about.", Jaemin smirks.

Did he just call him "my love"? He used to call him "Love" all the time. He can't be serious now.

He wants to cry out of anger, frustration, and resentment. Who does he think he is?

"Don't ever call me that again, or I'll.."

"What are you going to do, love? Call Mark Hyung?", he cuts Dongyhuck off and laughs bitterly, looking away from him.

Donghyuck is bright red. How was this the person he was willing to spend his entire life with just a year ago? 

"You know, after all I did for you, you still fell for Minhyung. I can't believe this Donghyuck. I can't believe how you are that mad at me when clearly, you don't even know what's going on.", now Jaemin is the one getting mad.

It's completely silent after Jaemin's words.

„I risked so much for you, just to see you and Mark kissing?".

He doesn't believe what he's hearing. Him, not knowing what's going on? Him doing anything for Donghyuck, but to break him? He has had enough. His heart is breaking, he can practically feel it shattering all over again. 

"Of course I know! You fucking left, Jaemin, you left without a word. You kept in touch with everyone but me. You took Mark Hyung from me, you broke my heart, you made me feel like I was worth nothing.", he says, voice getting quieter.

Tears are rolling down his cheeks. He wants to hide from the world and cry all day in his bed again. He wants to vanish from the face of this earth. 

"How dare you say that you did anything for me, but to break my heart?", he says silently and runs out of the room.

A/N: I love writing angst so much aaa I have a whole playlist dedicated to writing angsty scenes. A new chapter will be out in the next few days! Please tell me how you liked it so far.