5

donghyuck 

"Donghyuck! Wait up!", his best friend, Lee Jeno shouts and Donghyucks head flings in his direction. He widens his eyes, Jeno dyed his hair blonde again. It would be over for most of his lovers, Donghyuck concludes. "You look quite good", Donghyuck says as he's met with Jeno's hug. The familiar scent of Jeno rises up his nose and he feels a little bit better because after all, Jeno is like another brother to him.

"Is everything okay with you, though? You weren't that present in our group chat as normal and it didn't really seem like you."

„Stop worrying!"

"Class dismissed", their Science Teacher says and students start to pack their bags.

It's lunchtime by now, one can hear students laughing and chatting in the hallways, everyone is hanging out with their friends.

Just like Donghyuck is, he's circled by his friend group, that is talking about the "tea", as Chenle always proceeds to point out.

In reality, they are the fools that talk about failed relationships when in fact most of them don't even dare to make a move on their loved ones.

Just like Chenle, that fears to confess to Jisung, their youngest member.

"So that girl thinks he cheated because he went away without her on that party", Chenle claims and everyone looks shocked. Jeno's head shoots up to Donghyuck with a questioning look but Donghyuck didn't even know about what they were talking about, again.

"Who is this about, though?", he asks annoyed, he just needs a nap!

"Mark Lee, one of them broke up and we think that it's the girl!"

"Mark is a het?", he asks confused.

He always thought that Mark liked boys, and this piece of information hurt something in him.

But he doesn't know what and neither does he know why. He's bothered.

it's not until when he enters the physics room with Jeno when he drops the bomb.
„You went home with him that night, didn't you?", he asks in a slightly worried voice.

Donghyuck blushes, how would he know?

„We didn't do anything weird, I promise!", he quickly claims, putting his bag beside the table.
They sit down and Jeno gives him a knowing look. Fortunately, Jeno knows his best friend well, a bit too well if you ask their friends.

But in the end, their bond is stronger than ever. Donghyuck trusts Jeno with his life.

„So that's why you were so moody, something has happened", Jeno states and Donghyuck feels caught. He looks away, he isn't comfortable telling Jeno about the huge mistake he made.

„We cuddled", he says after gaining enough courage, or simply waiting for their teacher to start the lesson before Jeno gets to react.

But Jeno doesn't seem to reply, so he turns his head to him and catches Jeno gaping, eyes widening in shock and just straight up starring at the front before looking at Donghyuck, with an almost terrified look on his face.

Donghyuck furrows his eyebrows, what was wrong with Jeno? He quickly turns his head to whatever Jeno was staring at and he feels his heart sink.

„Jen", is everything that escapes his mouth, before grabbing his best friends hand in panic.

There, at the front, is the one and only Na Jaemin.

His Ex-Boyfriend. No, it's the Ex-Boyfriend.

The boy he used to call his everything, his lover.
The boy that shattered his tiny world and heart into a million little pieces.
The boy that stole his happiness.

„Everything's okay, he's just another person on this shitty planet", Jeno comforts him and Donghyuck starts breathing again.

But Donghyuck doesn't know what else to think then that Mark must have known.
And it completely catches him off guard,
he shouldn't be so hurt over it.

So why is he?

Jaemin's eyes meet his, and the next second he sees his shocked facial expressions.

And Donghyuck, he doesn't dare to spare him another glance, he lets go of Jeno's hand and opens his exercise book. His heart and mind still racing, still breathing shakily.

„Donghyuck, is everything fine?", he hears Jeno asking and then shaking his head.
„What a question, should we go outside, do you want to get fresh air?"

Donghyuck is quiet but he shakes it off.
„I'm just overwhelmed, didn't expect him showing up here you know"

But he can't believe how handsome Jaemin got, he doesn't want to admit.
But something changed.
He doesn't look like the soft nerd he fell for anymore, he looks intimidating.
And as soon as their teacher wants him to introduce himself, he gets what changed.

„I'm Na Jaemin and 18", he says in an almost bored and fed up tone.
This isn't the sweet, nice Jaemin he knew from before.

His clothes are dark, his hair is dark, even his eyes are dark.
The atmosphere gets heavier with every second. Donghyuck takes Jeno's hand again as if he never let go of it. Everything about Jaemin seems so dark that Donghyuck gets anxious.

"You can sit next to Hyungwon, raise your hand please", the teacher orders and Hyungwon, the nosy boy that sits behind Donghyuck, raises his arm.

Oh hell no, he thinks. His hands begin to shake.

He's about to faint as he hears his steps coming closer to his table and finally passing it. He grabs Jeno's hand even harder, he thought he'd been over this.

He hears a chair being pulled and a bag being, literally, thrown on the floor.
The next thing he perceives are piercing stares, but he quickly tries to collect himself.

After all, it's just a guy that broke his heart and abandoned him, someone like that doesn't deserve his attention.

He's just too caught up in his feeling, his thoughts are all over the place.
Donghyuck knows how to handle this, he knows that he isn't weak.

But does he really?