3

donghyuck'
& mark

„Hey, would you mind if I'd sleep over?", Mark suddenly asks as I get out of the car.

I so fucking would, Donghyuck thinks. His anxiety getting the best of him.

"If you want to", his kindness wins over, but Donghyuck curses himself. It has been quite a while since Mark was over.

Mark gets out as well and locks the car. They both are awkwardly getting inside of his home.

Donghyuck pendently wishes that Baekhyun is still sleeping over at his Boyfriend's house, because he knows that his brother would cause a scene for bringing a new boy home.
And this new boy being Mark wouldn't do any better.

"What do you want to do?", he asks the latter while looking at their clock.
It still is only eleven pm, meaning that they left the party before it had been on its peak.

They are in Donghyuck's room, Mark is looking around, discovering everything that has changed. He wasn't a part of his friend group after the incident, for over a year now, meaning that he wasn't in Donghyuck's vicinity. He bites his lip.

Mark spots that so many things changed, mostly for the better.
His wall of pictures with friends minimized to half of the pictures.
There is not a single red cup in his room, in his bookshelf are actual books. He even started watering his plants.

He realizes that there's no picture of the one that broke Donghyuck's heart anymore. But there is one with him, in the corner of his wall.
He takes it down and observes it.

They are brightly laughing on this picture, the sun is setting behind them and Mark has his arm around Donghyuck.

He still remembers that day,
the two of them were out to discover new cafes, that was their thing.
But in the end, they both agreed on staying outside because they found a better place, their place. He smiles.

"You still have this?", Mark chucklingly asks Donghyuck.
Donghyuck scoots over to him and sees the picture.

The tips of his ears turn red but he quickly shakes it off.
"I just" he starts but can't find the right words. What should he say, after all? "The day we took this one was actually one of the few days I was the happiest, so I left it there", he states and smiles at the picture, memories floating his mind.

Mark looks at the other pictures on the wall, they're mostly with Jeno or Renjun. But it is obvious that Jeno is the closest to Donghyuck.

After all, he was the one that tried talking to him, when he completely isolated himself.
He was the one that, as a matter of fact, got him out of it. He was the one that took over Marks job. At the very end, he was the one replacing him.

And Mark can't blame anyone but himself, it's his fault that their friendship broke.

Jealousy is creeping up in Mark as he sees a picture of them cuddling.
They're snuggled up in blankets and sleep in each other's arms.
Renjun probably took this one, Mark thinks.

Mark charges his jealousy with the fact that Jeno took his place, but he knows something is off.

He sees them every day, but he never felt this way.

"So, you wanna watch a movie?", Donghyuck asks and looks through his DVD section.

„Oh, yeah, that would be cool", Mark says as Donghyuck interrupts his train of thought.

He looks at Mark, taking out the first Harry Potter movie.
And Marks' heart does a thing.

They used to have these Harry Potter marathon nights because Donghyuck was the biggest Potterhead and Mark enjoyed his best friend being happy and the movies, they were okay too.

Mark chuckles.
„Harry Potter, as always"

„And what about it?", Donghyuck sticks his tongue out and they move to the living room.

Mark settles down on the couch, the other male brings them some snacks and two blankets.

As Donghyuck hands Mark his blanket, he spaces out.
They used to share one whenever they had their movie nights.
They used to cuddle, it didn't matter if Donghyuck was taken by his other best friend. They used to share their warmth.

"Mark?", Donghyuck asks and he finally looks up to him.
"Oh, let's start the film!", Mark suddenly says with a wide smile.

Donghyuck hums in response and presses the play button.

Donghyuck doesn't notice, but Mark wasn't watching the movie at all. That night, Mark knew better than to watch the movie he almost watched for the hundredth time. That night, Mark observed Donghyuck. Not in a stalker kind of way. Somehow, that night, Donghyuck's beauty was just addicting to his eyes.

He couldn't take his eyes off Donghyuck.

And then and there it hit him,

he was slowly falling for him.