7

"I don't exactly know how to talk about Jaemin", Mark truthfully says

"What do you mean?"

"Jaemin and I aren't as close as we used to be.", Mark is clearly uncomfortable with talking about Jaemin, but he feels like he has to give Donghyuck the closure he needs.
He disappointed him once, he doesn't want to ever do that again.

„He changed."

Donghyuck doesn't know what to think about this or how to feel about what he has been told in this very moment. His questions remain unanswered so he decides to ask Mark directly.

"Did you know that he was coming home?"

Mark stays silent. Of course, he knew.

"Listen, we talked at the Party, he told me that he plans on coming home before winter because something happened, he didn't want to tell me what exactly.", he explains carefully, afraid of Donghyuck's reaction.

"You seemed very upset", Donghyuck throws in, he doesn't believe that they only talked about this, Mark wouldn't have been so heated about it.

"You really want to know, don't you?", Mark exhales in worry.

Donghyuck nods.

"He asked about you. He had the audacity to ask me if you were still hung up over him.", he grits his teeth. He's upset, he has every right to be.

"Oh."

Mark could hear how Donghyuck's voice breaks.

"I told him that you were better off without him, don't worry."

Donghyuck looks at their hands, they are still attached to one another.

He wants to let go but Mark just grabs his hand even tighter.

"What's up, I know that something else is bothering you"

He doesn't answer, he feels hurt when he's reminded of how Mark likes girls.

"It's really nothing Mark"

"Please tell me, Hyuck, I can tell by the look on your face that something must be wrong."

Donghyuck quickly removes his hand from Marks. "I just.." he starts.

Mark looks directly at him and Donghyuck can't bear to look in his pretty eyes.

"I don't know what we are and where we are going and i-, i don't even know if you swing my way, Minhyung", his voice is getting quieter and quieter.

He hasn't called Mark Minhyung in years. Donghyuck always adored his korean name and never understood how he preferred to be called Mark.

Mark smiles. He takes Donghyuck's small hand again and Donghyuck finally looks him in the eyes.

"You heard about the rumors, didn't you?"

He nods.

"You know, I had a girlfriend when we started seeing each other again. Her name is Soo, she is quite sweet and I actually really fell for her, I really liked her."

Donghyuck fears the worst. He starts biting his lower lip out of anxiety.

"but the night I took you home from that Party, the night Jaemin called, I knew that I needed to break up with her. I don't know about you, Donghyuck, but you make me feel some type of way."

He caresses Donghyuck's flushed cheeks.

"I don't want to tell you more than that because it's a new thing to me. I want to get to know you again, I want to know who my Hyuckie has become. I never want to hurt you again."

He smiles warmly.

"If you feel a similar way, I'm really glad. But I want to get to know you before we can take things further. I need to know what you're into, what your pet peeves are, what places you like to go for a coffee, I want to know everything about you and treat you the right way."

He goes through Donghyuck's hair and plants a quick kiss on his red cheek.

"You only deserve the best, my dear, and I want to be the one by your side. I need a little time to figure myself and us out, it's still very new for me to like a boy."

"Take all the time you need, Mark, I'll be waiting for you."

Hello, I'm sorry I left you hanging for a whole year ddmsnna i just fell out of love with kpop but I refound my love for nct!

Promise, i'll start updating regularly:)